My "New" Artist Award

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Finally, I've gotten around to photographing my "new" archtops. Let's start out with the Guild Artist Award: a 1966 Hoboken version, in really great condition.

OFqlgPu.jpg

w9z92me.jpg

cAPdybB.jpg

oZ7993e.jpg

0iANdQH.jpg

xQ95y43.jpg

2zeGiSw.jpg

ORSKYFB.jpg

dbirchett

Reaction score
Nice Minnie Pearl touch with the price tag hanging down across the tailpiece.

Beautiful guitar.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice Minnie Pearl touch with the price tag hanging down across the tailpiece.

Beautiful guitar.
Howww-DEEEEE!!! HAAAAAA HAAAAAA!!! Too funny, Don!! Rich that's a beautiful guitar. Not sure i would even know how to play one of those but..... WOW!!! :encouragement::encouragement:

Congrats, Rich!! That's a score for sure!!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Howww-DEEEEE!!! HAAAAAA HAAAAAA!!! Too funny, Don!! Rich that's a beautiful guitar. Not sure i would even know how to play one of those but..... WOW!!! :encouragement::encouragement:

Congrats, Rich!! That's a score for sure!!

I thought the same thing when I got mine, but the simple truth is that it's a guitar. Just because it looks like a jazz box (which it is) doesn't mean you have to sit and comp chords with a swing band or solo like George Benson (I wish!). I've been playing a sort of altered version of Hotel California on mine and it just sings.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I wish there was a better word, but WOW! That’s stunning. Looks brand new. Good job on the photos, too.
This must be awesome arch tops day, first the ‘47 Epi, now this. Enjoy it in good health.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I got mine, but the simple truth is that it's a guitar. Just because it looks like a jazz box (which it is) doesn't mean you have to sit and comp chords with a swing band or solo like George Benson (I wish!). I've been playing a sort of altered version of Hotel California on mine and it just sings.

I'm with you Gary. This axe has a way of making me sound better than I am. LOL. But she does excel in the jazz style.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I wish there was a better word, but WOW! That’s stunning. Looks brand new. Good job on the photos, too.
This must be awesome arch tops day, first the ‘47 Epi, now this. Enjoy it in good health.

Dennis,
I can't take credit for the first three photos. They are from Jazznguitars.com website from where I purchased the AA. It is the actual guitar. Lou, the owner of Jazznguitars said that the tone of this AA is the best he's ever had in his collection.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice group of archtops! Cool that you're chasing what blows your hair back!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Artist Award! Looks like you have plenty of new/old Archie's to keep you busy for awhile, Congrats again.

TX

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, but you broke even due to the fine for the truss rod cover violation.