walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
mTvd6mKl.jpg
[/IMG]
MSuX2Z4l.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's 2 acoustics. The top guitar says "Guild F-45 Series 12 string". No model number for the second one.

walrus

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
One more acoustic/electric:

SJTmYfbl.jpg
[/IMG]

No model number given for this one, either.

walrus

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
...and the best for last. I WANT this. "Guild Blue Deep Cut Solid Body":

xTGNhbLl.jpg
[/IMG]

walrus

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The last one looks like a Nashville Custom Shop one. (EDIT: NOT... See Hans' post #8 below)

Steve Vai also used to have two other custom made Guilds which both were stolen in June 1986 from a rehearsal studio in Pasadena.
1) A pink and black tiger-striped Guild 284 Aviator with left handed headstock. It had a Floyd Rose, two EMG humbuckers and one EMG single-coil in the middle position. The serial # is HC100788.
2) A white Guild 281 Flyer built for Steve to use while touring with Alcatrazz. It had a Floyd Rose, two EMG humbuckers and one EMG single-coil. The serial # is HC101025.

Ralf

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have a link to an article about his stolen Aviator in my Aviator article.

How can he have “way too many Jems” when that’s his signature guitar? Coukd Les Paul have had way to many Les Pauls?

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That guitar was already made during the second half of the '80s, long before there was a Custom Shop!
Oh, my bad!
hiding.gif
Sure, that is not an end of 90ies design...I just looked at the headstock and it somehow looked like the custom shop guitars...Should think before posting...
The serial number is LL100235, so it is a 1986 guitar if the list is correct.

So what are the other 3 shown: The first is a 1984 F-45-12CE (S/N GJ100028), the second one is a 1985 F-44C (S/N KH100181) and the 3rd a 1984 FS-46CE (S/N EJ100305).

Ralf

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually up to the 27th fret!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Thanks. I was on a plane on my phone and just couldn't see well enough.

Edit - that's not the right excuse at all since the 25th fret would be one past the octave. I'll blame the free drinks in business class. Good thing I didn't order any guitars! At least I don't think I did...

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Good stuff on the model identifications!

IIRC, Steve Vai is big on scalloped frets on his Ibbys... Don't know what he's done to his Guilds, but wouldn't be surprised if these got the Vai treatment.... Caveat emptor if you're actually interested in buying them.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Good stuff on the model identifications!

IIRC, Steve Vai is big on scalloped frets on his Ibbys... Don't know what he's done to his Guilds, but wouldn't be surprised if these got the Vai treatment.... Caveat emptor if you're actually interested in buying them.

That's an interesting point. Except for the blue electric Guild they seem to be "stock", but I could be wrong. Even if I was interested (and I'm not), I am guessing they are out of my price range!

walrus

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wild stash of Westerlies. Vai should have stuck around a couple more years...he almost got the Songbird! even after being the guinea pig ha. the red one looks super cool, however, and might be pretty close to the bird in DNA, or otherwise end result

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wild stash of Westerlies. Vai should have stuck around a couple more years...he almost got the Songbird! even after being the guinea pig ha. the red one looks super cool, however, and might be pretty close to the bird in DNA, or otherwise end result

Hello Mavuser,

That red one is an F-44C with added pickup, so basically it's a full 16" body acoustic with a cutaway; very unlike the Songbird.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl