Buy This F30-R ???

billymox

Reaction score
$1250 or Best Offer. Seller came down very fair amount...
Now for sale for $1295, ha, just kidding....
I am excited to get it. :witless:

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score
Sure it is. Made in New Hartford, CT.

NH never gave that info in the specs.

Ralf

What I thought, I have a NH F30R which" appears" to be Honderan, but could never find a definitive answer, sumpin' left for formulating and speculation.

Ralph

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations Billie and a big THANK YOU! I’ve been eyeing that one since it was listed and have had my finger on the buy button a half dozen times. I passed on a couple several months ago and this one was calling my name, but now is not the best time for me. Maybe the next one... So congrats and play the heck out of it!

Mike

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
The clock is off on LTG Forum. Right now, it's just 3:34 Eastern Time and 12:34 Pacific Time.
And it says I posted this at 8:34 pm....

That might be your problem. 8:34 is the correct time if the time zone is GMT. Your post was done at 3:34 according to what is displayed to me. You might want to check what time zone LTG uses when it displays times to you.

Settings->My Account->General Settings then Date & Time Options. You want to set Time Zone to your time zone.

If it is already set then Never Mind

Bonneville88

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats!!! I love mine! I believe you'll be happy with your purchase!

pSItu8H.jpg

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Billy, congrats. I'm late to the party, but I think you heard everything you needed to, and that is going to be a wonderful addition. That F-30R Standard looks minty minty mint!

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Those NH standard series guitars are generally most excellent. Yours looks the part and at a great price. Looking forward to your full report.

billymox

Reaction score
My used 2011 F-30R "Standard" shipped this morning.
What will the body depth be?

geoguy

Reaction score
Approximately 4 3/8 inch, at the end pin.

Congrats on this purchase!

Last edited:

billymox

Reaction score
Approximately 4 3/8 inch, at the end pin.

Congrats on this purchase!

I was hoping for 4 3/8" at the wide section of the lower bout, which would make it more like almost 4 1/2 at the end pin. But, the tone is what really matters..... Thanks geoguy for the data.

I've seen specs on the F-30R ranging, scale length under and over 25', and nut width 1 3/4" and 1 11/16", and varying body depth too.

Last edited:

billymox

Reaction score
The F-30 and F-30R have a lot of history and apparently are well made with very good tone characteristics. Why did Guild discontinue this classic size popular model, and also, then not replace it except with the much more expensive Orpheum Series? OM and 000 are very popular with just about all guitar makers. Martin has been extremely successful with their low end and middle market products, selling more guitars than any other maker.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The F-30 and F-30R have a lot of history and apparently are well made with very good tone characteristics. Why did Guild discontinue this classic size popular model, and also, then not replace it except with the much more expensive Orpheum Series? OM and 000 are very popular with just about all guitar makers. Martin has been extremely successful with their low end and middle market products, selling more guitars than any other maker.
Are you referring to Oxnard Guild ?
It's possible we may see some info on OM models this summer . Oxnard went with the Iconic models that everyone knows about first which is smart , from what I've read which could of have here Guilds best sellers are the Jumbo lines .

There is a growing market for the small body M-20 parlor guitars but the pear shape parlors are in more demand/popular I think like the Westerly P240 as example .
Anyway Oxnard does have the OM's on their mind . I won't let them forget and I'm hoping for this summer to hear something fingers crossed .😁

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was hoping for 4 3/8" at the wide section of the lower bout, which would make it more like almost 4 1/2 at the end pin. But, the tone is what really matters..... Thanks geoguy for the data.

I've seen specs on the F-30R ranging, scale length under and over 25', and nut width 1 3/4" and 1 11/16", and varying body depth too.

New Hartford F30 (something) specs get doubly confusing because the F30 Traditional and F30 Standard were in production at the same time and had different specs. I don't recall which spec the F30R was based on but I do know that nut with was one of the differences - 1 11/16" for the Traditional and 1 3/4" for the Standard. If you need to know then it's time to get a catalog and figure out whether the R was based on Traditional or Standard and go from there.

I will also note that people who only spend a few minutes searching on the internet will get the wrong specs for Guilds because the specs changed but the model names/numbers did not. Many a seller has done that and their incorrect For Sale listings have been discussed on LTG :)

rwmct

Reaction score
From Neal, (Just to help you along)

One thing that amazes me about the Standard Series is the quality of the wood that was used. This is my third one, and all three have had the most beautiful, heavily-silked tops on them. Other high-end touches include the attractive backstripe on this F-30R. It really makes the rosewood on either side of it pop. Most other makers putting out a "budget-friendly" version of their more expensive models do not include a backstripe, nor do they inlay MOP on the headstock. Add to that red spruce bracing, bone nut, saddle and bridge pins on this F-30R, and wow, there is just a whole lot of value in this guitar.

The one I have is from Neal also. I agree with everything he said, and I love it.

That guitar is going nowhere.