Verb vs bay

F312

Reaction score
Question, I like when shopping on Reverb you can see how long the item has been for sale, does eBay have a link to see how long the item has been for sale? I can't find it if there is.

Ralph

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Question, I like when shopping on Reverb you can see how long the item has been for sale, does eBay have a link to see how long the item has been for sale? I can't find it if there is.

Ralph

Neither can I.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hmmm. There is probably no easy way, but, I'll see if some date is part of the listing. Many have days left counters.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK, IF the listing is an auction style, and has even zero bids, you can click on the link that says "bids" and you'll see the bids listed as well as the time left and DURATION.

EX:

• Bidders:

• Bids:

• Time left:
    6days22hours27mins
  • Duration:
    7 days

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If you have a "Buy it now" auction, you need to take a few steps.

1) Click on " See more items.." under the Seller Information section of the listing

2) Once there, change the sort to "Newly Listed" and the date listed shows in each listing. If they list a lot of stuff, you may have to scroll through the pages to find the item you want to know about.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
If you have a "Buy it now" auction, you need to take a few steps.

1) Click on " See more items.." under the Seller Information section of the listing

2) Once there, change the sort to "Newly Listed" and the date listed shows in each listing. If they list a lot of stuff, you may have to scroll through the pages to find the item you want to know about.

That deserves a "Thanks for the effort"!
It kinda surprised me that Frono didn't find it, as I realized it could be useful info and thought it would be there, somewhere.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
That deserves a "Thanks for the effort"!
It kinda surprised me that Frono didn't find it, as I realized it could be useful info and thought it would be there, somewhere.

I confess I was a bit literal in that i was not thinking with a little arithmetic you could calculate how long something had been for sale. I did look for the duration but somehow missed it.

dbirchett

Reaction score
I would think that most auctions that are repeated use the same title. You might go to Advanced Search on eBay and do a historic search putting in the title line. That might show if it has previously been listed. Be sure and check completed listings. You can also include the seller's name.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Note: On the Auction style instructions, I type " if it has zero bids " I should have type " if it has zero or more bids" . As long as you can click on the "bids" link it works.

Google was my friend in learning this stuff. You just have to slog through a handful of " managing your own ebay listings " threads first.