Made the mistake

GuildUpNorth

Reaction score
Of playing a Tacoma era D-55 at Willies in St. Paul yesterday....now I’m going through all the possible explanations for buying that I could give my wife. Wishing I had the funds. In a room full of 40-70s Martins and Gibsons it was truthfully the only guitar that resonated with me. Happened to be in the cities and stopped in just to play a bunch of guitars as a nice one is on the short list for this coming fall. I guess I’m a Guild guy because it honestly wasn’t on my short list for guitars I wanted to play while visiting there, but still was the only instrument in there that just felt like it was speaking to me. Thought you’d all appreciate, I think one of you should buy it so I don’t have to!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Of playing a Tacoma era D-55 at Willies in St. Paul yesterday....now I’m going through all the possible explanations for buying that I could give my wife. Wishing I had the funds. In a room full of 40-70s Martins and Gibsons it was truthfully the only guitar that resonated with me. Happened to be in the cities and stopped in just to play a bunch of guitars as a nice one is on the short list for this coming fall. I guess I’m a Guild guy because it honestly wasn’t on my short list for guitars I wanted to play while visiting there, but still was the only instrument in there that just felt like it was speaking to me. Thought you’d all appreciate, I think one of you should buy it so I don’t have to!

No sir it's calling to you so you just need to get it or you'll regret for a while. Just explain what happened to wife and how you are going to make it up her ! Lol

Enjoy and we want pics !!!!!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Pick out one of the 40-70s Martins and/or Gibsons that, only, whispers to you, now and put them up for sale. Use those funds to buy the Tacoma D55 that doesn't whisper but "speaks" to you. We all do that! In fact, I am doing that, presently, selling a couple Guilds to buy another.

GuildUpNorth

Reaction score
If the wife (she makes the money in our house) wasn’t changing her work location urgently I might be able to swing it! This fall I’m due for a nice anniversary gift so was getting a feel. If I’d still around, but a guitar that wonderful surely won’t be!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When a guitar knocks your socks off, you should try to find a way to get it. I have never regretted that approach to guitar buying. I do hear you about the actual every day concerns for the purchase, though.

The good news here is that if you can't justify it now, there are a million great D-55s out there. Your search will not end with this one.

geoguy

Reaction score
Very pretty . . . but the price is quite high, in my opinion.

If you wait, you should be able to find one in good condition for $1700 (or less). Perhaps Willie's will entertain a lower offer?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's listed on Reverb for 2,400 doesn't seem like anyones giving them a way either plus there's a ton of new ones .

Mark WW

Reaction score
Your wife's money? Best not while a job change for her is going on. She may already be dealing with a lot of stress. I have NEVER received anything for our anniversary. But don't want to either. Oh well...different worlds I guess.

Mark WW

Reaction score
Oh that came across as snarky. Not meant to be. Just an honest answer that might have been worded better.

Grassdog

Reaction score
Keep in mind this is a crowd of enablers - if you're looking for someone to talk you out of buying it, you're in the wrong place!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thought you’d all appreciate, I think one of you should buy it so I don’t have to!

Kinda surprised nobody's mentioned our own little underground railroad of folks who rescue deserving pieces for the sake of keeping 'em healthy until a good home can be found for 'em.
Cold heartless retail establishments have been known to sell 'em off to cruel speculators who don't even let 'em out of their cases for exercise.
YOU sound like the type of guy who could do a lot of good rescuing a guitar like that until a proper home could be found.
And I bet your Mrs. is just as open-minded and caring as you are.
So let us know if you want to join the "railroad".
We can always use another helping hand.
:watermelon:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Kinda surprised nobody's mentioned our own little underground railroad of folks who rescue deserving pieces for the sake of keeping 'em healthy until a good home can be found for 'em.
Cold heartless retail establishments have been known to sell 'em off to cruel speculators who don't even let 'em out of their cases for exercise.
YOU sound like the type of guy who could do a lot of good rescuing a guitar like that until a proper home could be found.
And I bet your Mrs. is just as open-minded and caring as you are.
So let us know if you want to join the "railroad".
We can always use another helping hand.
:watermelon:

Funny I was thinking that if I had the buckage I'd buy it and hold it for him .
If you folks really do stuff like it's totally awesome !😊😊😊