NGD: S300AD Burst. Damn.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
This popped up on Elderly's page the other day and I grabbed it without even a sip of Nyquil.

It is beyond mint. It's only the second 'burst S300AD I've seen for sale and I bought them both.

It makes me feel funny playing it. It gives me flashbacks to when I bought my first S300AD new.

Sadly, as mint as it is, and even though I took every precaution by the book, there are now three large lacquer cracks across the middle. They don't show up in pics and they're only there under the right light, but I'm quite bummed about them. But then I look at it, play it, and forget all about them.

Guild-S300AD-Burst-TopFull-NE.jpg

Absolutely killer guitar and I think my seventh S300AD that I've bought. Don't worry - I only have three on-hand. I can quit any time I want. :encouragement:

Last edited:

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Turn t up! Beautiful guitar, bet it plays like butter.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
NO NO NO !!!!

It is no good for YOU - send it to ME - immediately - I will keep it out of your sight so you never ever have to see those HORRIBLE cracks again.

I only charge 100USD per year - and you can pay that to your chosen charity.

Thank you.

"I wait for delivery
Each day
Until three
Oh GAD
Won't you send me
A Guild S300AD"

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually that sunburst S-300AD reminds me of the wonderful looking S-300A which our other Finish friend Muovinen has! He hasn't posted since a while.
Ralf

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually that sunburst S-300AD reminds me of the wonderful looking S-300A which our other Finish friend Muovinen has! He hasn't posted since a while.
Ralf

NICE - I found him at https://muusikoiden.net/jasenet/30506 - never heard of him before - unfortunately for the majority of you ( so I believe - correct if I'm wrong :watermelon: . . .) do not understand Finnish ( with TWO n's - while tavarish Putin hasn't attacked us yet...) - and I'm not going to overtake translating task . . .

I will be in touch with him . . .

Muovinen - not Putin . . .

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
NICE - I found him at https://muusikoiden.net/jasenet/30506 - never heard of him before - unfortunately for the majority of you ( so I believe - correct if I'm wrong :watermelon: . . .) do not understand Finnish ( with TWO n's - while tavarish Putin hasn't attacked us yet...) - and I'm not going to overtake translating task . . .

I will be in touch with him . . .

Muovinen - not Putin . . .

Wow - that is magnificent!

131378.jpg

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

His nickname "Muovinen" translates "Made Of Plastic"

I sent hin message - perhaps he'll answer me.

Muovinen

Reaction score
Greetings fellow-Guilders! I've been quiet for a while, busy with life, you know. In the meanwhile I've had to let go of the S100 deluxe because it didn't see any use because of the Bigsby and I found a local (Kim Thayil fan) guy who was more than happy to pay top dollar for it. I'm sure it's in good hands. The S300A is still my favorite guitar, though, and this is the first time I see someone else acquire a burst one! It really is a special one, congrats!

I'm having a little transaction happening with brother Nuuska and I'm sure he will let you know more about it in the coming days :)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Greetings fellow-Guilders! I've been quiet for a while, busy with life, you know. In the meanwhile I've had to let go of the S100 deluxe because it didn't see any use because of the Bigsby and I found a local (Kim Thayil fan) guy who was more than happy to pay top dollar for it. I'm sure it's in good hands. The S300A is still my favorite guitar, though, and this is the first time I see someone else acquire a burst one! It really is a special one, congrats!

I'm having a little transaction happening with brother Nuuska and I'm sure he will let you know more about it in the coming days :)

Would you believe I have two of them? :laughing:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, only two in sunburst. :)

Since Brother Muovinen showed up, I can use a goof Finnish expression - "Pidä tunkkisi" - some of you with extra time and passion can figure it out . . . :triumphant:

It is nothin offensive or "non family" etc . . .

But once our couriers deliver what has to be delivered and we've done what's have to be done - there just might be some info . . . somewhere . . . maybe . . .

DrumBob

Reaction score
I know I'm biased, because I dealt with those S series guitars every day when I worked at Guild. Some of you think they're nice, and that's fine. Not trying to rain on any parades here, but I know what a hard time we had trying to convince Guild dealers to buy them. They were a flop. Even the sales reps stopped trying to sell them. Bob Bromberg complained to me privately all the time, and he was the top sales guy. I left the company just as they were releasing the M-80, a more traditional shape. I used to listen to the reps complain all the time about the S series guitars.

DThomasC

Reaction score
Well, I have three S300's and I'll admit that it's mostly for nostalgic reasons. My first S300 was not the first electric I owned, but it was the first that I was able to make wail and scream. It was the guitar that I really learned to play electric on, so, like a first girlfriend it's special to me. I still have it, though it almost never gets played. The other two were purchased as variations on the first, which seems really weird now that I offered the girlfriend analogy, but whatever.

Bottom line: they look odd because of the shape of the body, but they're still really good guitars. Maybe I like the fact that they're a little bit ugly. Brings out the punker in me. Maybe I'll sticker bomb one of them! **** the establishment!! FWIW, the S300A is enough different from the S300 to have one of each. The maple neck on the 'A' version makes it more than just a copy of some Gibson, which Guilds are often accused of being. It's bright and crisp like a Fender, but with the growl of Humbuckers.

It's hard to ignore the fact that they came out right about the time that the Ramones and the Clash were an influence. Punk was a deliberate deviation from the norm, a rebound from the 70's which was a rebound from the 60's. All of the defiance of the 60's, but without the mushy love. I choose to believe that that's where the S300 was targeted, but missed...

As it happens, I was growing up through all of this, and was so defiant that I even rejected punk music at the time, though I've developed an appreciation for it since then. Ehh... Maybe that's why I chose that first S300.

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, that's just super pretty, Gary!! Sorry about those cracks but you don't see the top so much when you're playing and i'm sure you're doing that a LOT!!! Congrats, amigo! That's just beautiful!!! :encouragement: