Guild X-375B

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact tone selections represented by the six buttons on the X-375B. I have one from 1957. It has three Franz pups.

Rich

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I hope this picture answers it. Assuming everything is still wired originally... (And don't think B as Bridge...)

B (bass=neck pup), M (middle), T (treble=bridge pup), MB (middle-bass), TM (treble-middle), TB (treble-bass).

Guild-X-350-1.JPG

Source: LTG member Little Johnny, his 1963 X-350)

Also sometimes somebody in the past clipped some caps and resistors from the switch and you get a surprise when you open it up! (I found that below picture on Google)

1954%20Guild%20X-350%20064.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Another question for you Little Johnny. Is the guitar the same one in both pictures? Doesn't seem so. The change buttons are black in one and white in the other. The X-375 did first come with black button, then was made with white ones.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
What year is yours, Johnny, and how do you like it?
Member Little Johnny has not posted since 2015, he had only 9 posts in total so I doubt he will answer.
EDIT: Only the first picture was his guitar and it was a 1963 one. The second picture was from a Google search.
Ralf

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Many thanks Ralf
Actually I found varous pictures where the switches were arranged differently compared to the picture I posted above.
B, M, T, MB, TM, TB or also B, M, T, MB, TB, TM
So I don't know which one is correct but it should be easy to find out when you switch through them and take a screwdriver to see which pickup is magnetic at any given switch position.
Ralf

Last edited:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So I don't know which one is correct but it should be easy to find out when you switch through them and take a screwdriver to see which pickup is magnetic at any given switch position.
Ralf

The pickups are always magnetic, but you probably meant to say 'activated'!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their input. I return to the US on the 15th of Feb and will report back after the jet lag loosens its grip.