D-55 Dilemma

billymox

Reaction score
Guitar Center is usually very friendly regarding returns and guitar condition issues. I only buy used, always try to get a descent price (I am school teacher), but after I get a guitar, I don't mind at all spending some money on it. In my opinion, yes, the D-55 is the best guitar ever made for under $5000. Because tone/sound is #1 to all of us, I would keep it, but I would call Guitar Center and say "hey, this guitar is not as described, the binding is coming loose and.......... and I want to either return it or have you compensate me with $300" (or what you think is fair).

Then accept their offer, if they offer zero, then still keep the guitar and pay to have someone fix it up. Or I might give you $100 more than what you paid GC, plus tax and shipping.....:eek-new:

TBK711

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I did return it - but it is now back for sale at the Pittsburgh GC - listed at $1899. My final price was $1805, so maybe you can get it for that. It is a wonderful guitar with just a little TLC needed; I just decided I wanted a little better condition at that price.

... I’ll find the right one for me; or at least have fun looking!

PittPastor

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I did return it - but it is now back for sale at the Pittsburgh GC - listed at $1899. My final price was $1805, so maybe you can get it for that. It is a wonderful guitar with just a little TLC needed; I just decided I wanted a little better condition at that price.

I'm really not in the market... but now I'm curious. I might drive by the GC there and give it a test drive. Wonder how long it will last? Guilds seem to move pretty quick when they are out where they can be played.

TBK711

Reaction score
Please do go play it and post a review here. Let me know your thoughts. I'd love an honest objective review from a guild expert (or at least someone who knows a ton more than me)

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
No affiliation - this D55 has been for sale for several months, seller is asking $2100, but
might consider $1900 - won't know unless you ask :encouragement:

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/msg/d/colorado-springs-guild-d55/6808819254.html

00a0a_34yDQutR8Va_600x450.jpg

TBK711

Reaction score
That is a nice one. I may reach out. Buying on Craigslist from this many states away makes me nervous, but I may reach out. Thanks for the referral.

PittPastor

Reaction score
Please do go play it and post a review here. Let me know your thoughts. I'd love an honest objective review from a guild expert (or at least someone who knows a ton more than me)

I’m no expert. I know the D40s sound really well. Best I can do is tell you how it compares to that... and I’m expecting it (D55) to have a much stronger voice. Still, I’m interested now. I’ll try to check it out.