Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: D-55 Dilemma

Guitar Center is usually very friendly regarding returns and guitar condition issues. I only buy used, always try to get a descent price (I am school teacher), but after I get a guitar, I don't mind at all spending some money on it. In my opinion, yes, the D-55 is the best guitar ever made for under $5000. Because tone/sound is #1 to all of us, I would keep it, but I would call Guitar Center and say "hey, this guitar is not as described, the binding is coming loose and.......... and I want to either return it or have you compensate me with $300" (or what you think is fair).

Then accept their offer, if they offer zero, then still keep the guitar and pay to have someone fix it up. Or I might give you $100 more than what you paid GC, plus tax and shipping.....

1994 Guild DV-62 Herringbone
    2011 Guild F-30R Standard N.H.
    2004 Guild GAD-50 Burst
    Eastman AC422CE
    Eastman AC512OM
    Seagull Artist Studio Concert Hall Element OM Burst
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

Thanks for the advice guys. I did return it - but it is now back for sale at the Pittsburgh GC - listed at $1899. My final price was $1805, so maybe you can get it for that. It is a wonderful guitar with just a little TLC needed; I just decided I wanted a little better condition at that price.

... Iíll find the right one for me; or at least have fun looking!

Quote Originally Posted by TBK711 View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys. I did return it - but it is now back for sale at the Pittsburgh GC - listed at $1899. My final price was $1805, so maybe you can get it for that. It is a wonderful guitar with just a little TLC needed; I just decided I wanted a little better condition at that price.
    I'm really not in the market... but now I'm curious. I might drive by the GC there and give it a test drive. Wonder how long it will last? Guilds seem to move pretty quick when they are out where they can be played.
    ----------------------------------
    1980 Guild D40C Sunburst
    20?? Guild AO-3CE (MIM)
    2014 Guild Savoy 150A Sunburst (MIK)

Soundcloud - Cat's In The Crade (D40C)

Please do go play it and post a review here. Let me know your thoughts. I'd love an honest objective review from a guild expert (or at least someone who knows a ton more than me)

No affiliation - this D55 has been for sale for several months, seller is asking $2100, but
    might consider $1900 - won't know unless you ask

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/msg...808819254.html

That is a nice one. I may reach out. Buying on Craigslist from this many states away makes me nervous, but I may reach out. Thanks for the referral.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonneville88 View Post
    ...this D55 has been for sale for several months....
    Wow, that is a beauty! Gorgeous burst! And in "like new" condition. I'm not even in the market and I'm interested.
    2011 Guild F50R Sunburst
    2002 Guild JF30-12 Sunburst
    1991 Guild JF30-12 Ltd. Ed. Wood Grain Blue
    2018 Gibson Ltd. Ed. Songwriter Deluxe 12-string
    2015 Martin GPC12PA4 12-string

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
    2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

Quote Originally Posted by TBK711 View Post
    Please do go play it and post a review here. Let me know your thoughts. I'd love an honest objective review from a guild expert (or at least someone who knows a ton more than me)
    I’m no expert. I know the D40s sound really well. Best I can do is tell you how it compares to that... and I’m expecting it (D55) to have a much stronger voice. Still, I’m interested now. I’ll try to check it out.
    ----------------------------------
    1980 Guild D40C Sunburst
    20?? Guild AO-3CE (MIM)
    2014 Guild Savoy 150A Sunburst (MIK)

Soundcloud - Cat's In The Crade (D40C)