Maple F30 / OM / OOO size?

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I’m starting to think about what I might wat to look for in the coming year. Did Guild ever make a maple backed F30 size guitar that would be worth looking for? I don’t care for the sound of anything much smaller, and really can’t play anything too much larger, but it all depends. I tried searching the interweb and saw reference to a GSR F30 maple, but my guess is that would be a little pricey.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I’m starting to think about what I might wat to look for in the coming year. Did Guild ever make a maple backed F30 size guitar that would be worth looking for? I don’t care for the sound of anything much smaller, and really can’t play anything too much larger, but it all depends. I tried searching the interweb and saw reference to a GSR F30 maple, but my guess is that would be a little pricey.

Can't recall a maple-bodied version other than what you mention, but there's a wealth of opportunities in the 16" jumbo (F40 outline) size.
F40's, GF30's, F47M's to start, also F65ce (not to be confused with JF65) which was a top of the line but only 3-/12" deep, might be a good bet for comfort.
Even had 2 different scale lengths, were 24-3/4 with 1-11/16 nut until late '94 then transitioned to 25-5/8 with 1-5/8 nut.
Very comfortable.
Ask the man who owns one.
(And should be obtainable for sub $1500 with a little patience.)
:friendly_wink:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hmmm all Maple that small , would it be kind of Brite ?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hmmm all Maple that small , would it be kind of Brite ?

???: "ALL maple".
OP's only looking for maple-backed F30 or similar/close size.
Only know of 2 Guild flattop models ever to fit the "all maple" description, one was the F65ce which did have a maple topped version; the other was the D130ce (dreadnought); both of which have reputations for being acoustically underwhelming.
Maple isn't an ideal top-wood but probably resists feedback tendencies.
Its use then becomes understandable because they were primarily intended for plugged-in performance use.
Old Reverb ad:
faructn1g29rgigslqvu.jpg

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ray what'd you do to the site?
:glee:
All of a sudden reverted to a different format when I submitted my last post....interesting...comes up the way I'm used to in Chrome....hmmm....had to log out, gave me an "all cookies cleared" message and came back up "normally" ("Let's Talk Guild" banner across top of page).

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
In addition to Al’s list, one the more cost effective 16” maple Guild may be the F45ce. I preferred the all-hog F15ce, but you can hear it here (the F45ce is the burst):

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
.... F40's, GF30's, F47M's to start, also F65ce...
F65ce looks interesting - big but thin. Would have to be 1-11/16 min. I really prefer 1-3/4. The f47M looks wonderful though slightly big. Again only 1-11/16.

A Guild may not be in the cards for this. I’m not in any hurry though.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray what'd you do to the site?
:glee:
All of a sudden reverted to a different format when I submitted my last post....interesting...comes up the way I'm used to in Chrome....hmmm....had to log out, gave me an "all cookies cleared" message and came back up "normally" ("Let's Talk Guild" banner across top of page).

I meant back and sides , I would never consider Maple as a top wood option . Lol and your forgetting the Ray speak lessons , as to the site issues that's Ray's sexy fingers , you'd have to go to twotrackmusic.com and read back to the start of the sexy fingers and the damage they can cause. lmao

bobouz

Reaction score
Has there ever been a F40 maple ?

Yes indeed! From the first Hoboken version, to the ‘70s Westerly rebirth of the model.

Solid maple sides, arched maple back.

beecee

Reaction score
I was sent a bunch of pictures a few weeks ago, something threw me off but I don't remember what and I deleted the pictures.