Newark Street Starfire III

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just got a 2016 Newark Street Starfire III that I picked up for a good price after holding out for years (probably since 2016) and I have to say, I'm kind of impressed. I don't know if it's stock yet, but after sitting here for 20 mins or so noodling around on it it's got some killer tones in it. I also have to confess that I'm not sure I hear an imbalance in the pickups like I do in other NS Guilds I've played with these pickups so that's an interesting bit of data.

My one complaint after my 20 minute session is that it doesn't stay in tune well.

I'm looking forward to seeing it side by side with the '66 that I drunk dialed.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My one complaint after my 20 minute session is that it doesn't stay in tune well.
Your nut slots could probably do with some smoothing/widening. I’ve found that the NS guitars have Great fretwork, and horrible nut work.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It wouldn't happen to in Nyquil Green, would it?

parker_knoll

Reaction score
what's the best time to catch you at your most vulnerable if I'm desperate to sell?

GSFV

Reaction score
I had trouble with my NS SFV staying in tune. I can't recommend Big Bend's Nut sauce enough. Perhaps pricey, but I bought some a year ago and still haven't run out. It's pretty impressive despite it's silly name. I'm not ready to say that I love nut sauce...but it does have it's usages.

Mark WW

Reaction score
I have been going back and forth between my NS and Corona 2003 SF III and I may sell the Corona. This will be the second time I sold a Corona SF but I just can't play all the guitars I have and keeping them in fresh strings is a full time job. Congrats on your NS GAD!

I actually prefer the way the NS sounds by a bunch and just don't have the energy to change out the pups in the Corona.