So, uh, tell me about this '66 SFIII

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Could that residue inside the F-holes possibly be from someone trying to glue a material to act as a feedback buster into the F-holes themselves? Just an idea.

TX

parker_knoll

Reaction score
Just a follow-up that the bridge absolutely did not fit. The post to post distance is different.

Guild-vs-Bigsby-Bridge.jpg

I had that issue. The difference is small, just drill the holes on the new Bridge a little wider and it works

DThomasC

Reaction score
Wow. Well, I'm sorry I led you wrong. Thankfully it was only ten bucks, but still....

I have one one my Jetstar, which has a Bigsby Sorkin bridge in place of the original. Like I said, works fine.

Thanks for following up so others don't make the same mistake!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I thought they were the same instrument...

Anyway, Gad, I know you prefer roller bridges, but you can get a genuine Bigsby saddle compensated for a plain G string

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/saddle-bigsby-bridge-new-polished

Ooh - nice. Have you bought this? Do the pole and strings spacings work on a Guild?

Wow. Well, I'm sorry I led you wrong. Thankfully it was only ten bucks, but still....

I have one one my Jetstar, which has a Bigsby Sorkin bridge in place of the original. Like I said, works fine.

Thanks for following up so others don't make the same mistake!

Just a follow up to my follow up that the new $10 bridge absolutely DOES fit on my '97 Starfire III that came with a wound-3rd bridge, so it was money well spent after all. :encouragement:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Neither the ‘66 nor the ‘97 have metric parts.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Could it be that the original bridge was not manufactured by Bigsby?

The 'compensated for plain G-string' saddle is a replacement for the recent Bigsby bridge that has been available for quite some time.

Here's a link that shows that bridge:

http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/parts_detail.php?id=40

However, before that bridge was available, Bigsby used a slightly heavier version with a slightly different post spacing.

Here's a link to what I call the 'vintage' one:

http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/parts_detail.php?id=39

It's a little weird to talk about 'vintage' in this context, because the most recent version of the two has already been available since the second half of the '60s, but that's the reason why the 'compensated for plain G-string' saddle does not fit every Bigsby bridge base.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Last edited: