Ngd.....'66 212

beecee

Reaction score
There something about a hog 12 string that just keeps me coming back.

I think that is why I've kept my Ibanez so long. The F-212 and Ibanez may not be up to par with the F-412 or F-512's but that F-212 is a really special guitar to me

c70man

Reaction score
Hans.....Serial number is......38212

Please let me know...

Last edited:

c70man

Reaction score
Thanks.....:laughing:

Anything else I should know about it? Just curious. I noticed that the neck radius is pretty flat. Is that common? Or do you think it may have been modified some?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the neck radius is pretty flat. Is that common? Or do you think it may have been modified some?

I would suspect a flat fingerboard on an F-212 from that particular period. If it's slightly rounded there is a chance that the fingerboard has been modified from flat! No big deal really; not everybody likes a flat fingerboard!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

c70man

Reaction score
Fingerboard is very flat. Sorry, I meant to refer to the shape of the neck not being a round "C" but more of a flat oval.

Br1ck

Reaction score
I love that vintage guitar. Still not catastrophically expensive, but old enough to have that patina. I would much rather have one of those than brand new.

wileypickett

Reaction score
I would suspect a flat fingerboard on an F-212 from that particular period. If it's slightly rounded there is a chance that the fingerboard has been modified from flat! No big deal really; not everybody likes a flat fingerboard!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

I’ve noticed that even after Guild began making their 12-strings with radiused fretboards, they still put flat saddles in ‘em, at least for some period of time, two or three years?

My ‘66 F212XL: came with a flat fingerboard / flat saddle; my ‘69 F212: came with a radiused fingerboard / flat saddle.

These both came with the early style bridges, with “through-saddles”; I.e.: the slot runs through the length of the raised portion of the bridge.

Curious.