Bridge/saddle replacement

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I have been thinking about adding a Guildsby to my X-170. I have what I think is the right one, but am wondering what would be the best bridge/saddle to use. I'm assuming the stock rosewood would need to be replaced by something that would allow the strings to glide across it better. Any suggestions?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have been thinking about adding a Guildsby to my X-170. I have what I think is the right one, but am wondering what would be the best bridge/saddle to use. I'm assuming the stock rosewood would need to be replaced by something that would allow the strings to glide across it better. Any suggestions?

I greatly prefer a roller bridge with a Bigsby. The one that's on my Starfire V is particularly nice and I believe is a Schaller which you can get here:

https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_an...e-o-matic_Bridges/Schaller_Roller_Bridge.html

I should point out that I have no idea if it will fir or work with the X170.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score

matsickma

Reaction score
The lower cost model X160T aka X161 had a Guildsby and a standard rosewood bridge.
I used it like that for a while and didn't have any issues. I eventually replaced it with a bigsby bridge to brighten it up a bit.
M