2017 Guild M40e

tje1

Reaction score
Hi - I am trying out one of these from a private seller this week. But it would be interesting to hear people's opinions of it.

He is asking £1100(about $1400) in 'as new condition' it has a factory fitted Baggs pick up

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hopefully, a knowledgeable forum player will chime in. I haven't had my hand on that model.

tje1

Reaction score
Hopefully, a knowledgeable forum player will chime in. I haven't had my hand on that model.

Yes that would be great if someone who has played the recent Guild M40 could give an opinion(or even the D40), the upheaval of the Guild factory location change makes me slightly nervous about buying one, but I have seen good reviews of the M40 (and d40), and am just looking for a tonally warm reliable acoustic without having to pay the £2.5k that good Martins go for.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yes that would be great if someone who has played the recent Guild M40 could give an opinion(or even the D40), the upheaval of the Guild factory location change makes me slightly nervous about buying one, but I have seen good reviews of the M40 (and d40), and am just looking for a tonally warm reliable acoustic without having to pay the £2.5k that good Martins go for.

I haven't played one but me and few others have a couple of models . I have the F55e those of us that have one were a bit wary of these new builds but slowly one by one we dived in and we never looked back ! Fantastic guitars that continue the tradition of excellence that Guild has brought . 😁
But you still need to play one to know if you like it , that's pretty much a no brainier lol 😀
I say go for it 😁 we like spending other folks money haha

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi - I am trying out one of these from a private seller this week....

That's good you get to try it before you buy it. I expect you're going to like it!

He is asking £1100(about $1400) in 'as new condition' it has a factory fitted Baggs pick up

I guess that's about right. They're about $1800 here brand new. Best of luck!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I wish I could say I have played the Oxnard m40, tje1. Like Ray I do own the Oxnard F55 and it’s build and playability are nothing short of excellent. I think if you like the way she sounds and feels you can buy with confidence. I have played the Oxnard D20 and it too was an excellent instrument.