Sweetwater Visit

bronzeback

Reaction score
Visited Sweetwater today (here in Ft Wayne from way outta town for the weekend) to kill some time this afternoon. Played a new Oxnard D40 that just blew me away. Light, super loud, tight bass, just fantastic. Played a F55, D55 and M20, all terrific too. They are building maybe the best of the bunch me thinks. I do think though, in that price range ($2400 for the D40) there are many, many great options in the new and used market. I wonder how many they are selling?

Last edited:

bronzeback

Reaction score
Wow! I didn’t know Sweetwater was visitable.
Me either! It didn't occur to me that they are in Ft Wayne but I went to the Guitar Center here today first (also 10 min away) and got to talking to someone in the acoustic room who recommended a visit.

Last edited:

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
An Ox D40 is on my list... had much the same impression when I tried one!

Grassdog

Reaction score
Wow! I didn’t know Sweetwater was visitable.

Oh yes it's open to the public and it's quite an experience Chris. You should make the trip. The first time I was there, I thought it was going to be a short in/out quick visit to pick up an amp. I think I ended up spending 3 hours there.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Love them all but my GF-30 is the one that stands out in the herd sound wise

I ised to go to Indy once a year but no longer do . Always wanted to visit SW but opportunity lost .:(

Oh I like the BR160 . What!? Someone had to be the odd guy out . :)

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sweetwater just gets it. I think all the big box stores could learn a lot if they'd try to emulate the Sweetwater business model. I hope they stay around for a really long time. I like the fact that you hook up with a Sales Associate and that's who I deal with each and every time I contact them. Gives it a real personalized feel to me and as a customer I really like that. I seldom buy new guitars but a Roland JC 120 is next on my hit list amp wise. They just had a 48 month, no interest program going on for Roland product and it was tempting but I decided to hold off for a bit.

Grassdog

Reaction score
Sweetwater just gets it. I think all the big box stores could learn a lot if they'd try to emulate the Sweetwater business model. I hope they stay around for a really long time. I like the fact that you hook up with a Sales Associate and that's who I deal with each and every time I contact them. Gives it a real personalized feel to me and as a customer I really like that. I seldom buy new guitars but a Roland JC 120 is next on my hit list amp wise. They just had a 48 month, no interest program going on for Roland product and it was tempting but I decided to hold off for a bit.

Totally agree and all those workshops they sponsor (with music industry professionals) from their facility in Ft. Wayne are pretty cool as well. Especially the recording/engineering workshops for those who are into home recording. Of course, we all know the intent of these workshops is ultimately to get folks to purchase more gear, but it's kind of nice to see there's an educational aspect to what they're providing.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Grassdog

Reaction score
The Marketplace is just a bulletin board service, like Craigslist. The sales are strictly peer-to-peer, Sweetwater doesn't get involved directly, nor do they have any of the gear.
They might have floor models from their own stuff, however.

Chris is right, I just talked to someone at Sweetwater and they confirmed this. They said it's just something they offered for people to list their used gear without having to pay any fees.

Sorry if my earlier post was misleading.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Love them all but my GF-30 is the one that stands out in the herd sound wise

One more justification for my crusade against Oxnard's use of the F40 name on an F48.
The GF series might have been the high-water mark of the 16" F-body platform, and they appear to have abandoned the niche that was arguably as important for 'em as dreadnoughts.

PittPastor

Reaction score
"60 Minutes" is sooo 2013. Think viral. I think the new formula is you need 100 tweets. Once it is "trending" any corporation in America has to capitulate to anything. Something like that.

If Corporations ever realize 1000 tweets does not equal a majority, things might change. But right now, everyone seems afraid to go viral.

So make it go viral and you're set!

(Worked for this guy: )