Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Color of the Year

I prefer the color scheme of the inlays on the DV-73.
    TODAY is the TOMORROW you spent all day YESTERDAY acting like there was no.

'76 D-25M
    '99 DV-52ABHG (gave to my son)
    '98 DeArmond Starfire Special
    Takamine Acoustic Flying "A"
    Crate CA-125D Acoustic Amp
    Fishman Loudbox Mini Acoustic Amp

Quote Originally Posted by F312 View Post
    Is that not barn red?

Ralph
    Well, there is Rustic Red, Barn red, Rookwood red, Chinese red, Roycroft Cooper red, Crabby Apple, blah blah blah.

It's basically a barn red with brown undertones.

Color technology is amazing today. There's something to be said for the "wise old Turks" though too. My friend's Dad was a residential spray painter, and he had all the formulas in his head. I had him put the finish on the banjo I built from a Saga kit, he did a really nice job.
    TODAY is the TOMORROW you spent all day YESTERDAY acting like there was no.

'76 D-25M
    '99 DV-52ABHG (gave to my son)
    '98 DeArmond Starfire Special
    Takamine Acoustic Flying "A"
    Crate CA-125D Acoustic Amp
    Fishman Loudbox Mini Acoustic Amp

Quote Originally Posted by FNG View Post
    Well, there is Rustic Red, Barn red, Rookwood red, Chinese red, Roycroft Cooper red, Crabby Apple, blah blah blah.

It's basically a barn red with brown undertones.
    The reason I ask is, I just painted my shed this year and it looks identical in color and it was painted with Sherwin Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by F312 View Post
    The reason I ask is, I just painted my shed this year and it looks identical in color and it was painted with Sherwin Williams.
    The rustic red and red barn colors are pretty similar. I think the rustic is just a tad darker.

Can't wait for Apple to market an IPhone XR in that color!

Not really.
    Guiilds:
    Hoboken archtops:1963 A-500 B (recently installed DeArmond 1100), no slouch when it comes to be played acoustically; 1966 Artist Award SB, how sweet it is!

Epiphone Archtops:
    1934 Royal, walnut back/sides, my main acoustic guitar; 1947 Broadway/DeArmond 1000 (also a great acoustic player); 2004 Elitist Byrdland (short scale: 23.5")

Amp:
    Rivera Jazz Suprema 55 Ruby, the ultimate jazz amp!

Got a new shed in the yard, the hardest part was finding the right colors. The HOA said I had to try and match the house, but my brick is multicolored, and this was what I went with. I wasn't having a brown shed, that's fer sure. Of course I went through 6 samples before I picked these colors. Sherwin Williams rocks, but my idea of hell is a fan of 500 paint colors and trying to pick the right color.

Sherwin Williams Rustic Red and Roycroft Brass. I wasn't aware of the story behind Roycroft, but they have a line of craftsman colors that I liked, and Roycroft has some interesting history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roycroft

Not a fan of the living coral. Bleh.
    Nice shed! Sorry about the HOA though.
    Sandy

'59 X175AB, '61 Mark VI, '68 SFII Bass (Green), '73 D50NT, '82 Mark V, '86 Pilot 602P, '87 Pilot SB602M, '88 Pilot SB602MF, '99 DeArmond Starfire Bass
    '10 F512NT, '11 F50ce Std (Sunburst), '13 R30S (Resonator), '13 B54ce Std Bass, '13 Orpheum Jumbo Prototype, '13 Orpheum OM Mahogany, '13 GSR M85II Bass

So far, the HOA folks seem pretty reasonable. Keeps the neighborhood from going to seed.

So far, the HOA folks seem pretty reasonable. Keeps the neighborhood from going to seed.
    My experience has been that good neighbors keep the neighborhood from going to seed. Lived in a HOA 'hood once, and I've never seen so many self-serving people with way too much time on their hands.
    Sandy

'59 X175AB, '61 Mark VI, '68 SFII Bass (Green), '73 D50NT, '82 Mark V, '86 Pilot 602P, '87 Pilot SB602M, '88 Pilot SB602MF, '99 DeArmond Starfire Bass
    '10 F512NT, '11 F50ce Std (Sunburst), '13 R30S (Resonator), '13 B54ce Std Bass, '13 Orpheum Jumbo Prototype, '13 Orpheum OM Mahogany, '13 GSR M85II Bass

Haven't got that impression.