Help with identification!

Reaction score
Hello all! I need some help identifying a Guild that's on my repair bench right now. Everything about it looks as if it's an X-175B, but the neck has dot inlays as opposed to the trapezoidal blocks. As for the label inside, it doesn't appear to have had anything written on it. According to this, http://support.guildguitars.com/downloads/datingyourguild.pdf, the serial number dates the guitar to 1959. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

IMG_3239_zpssywzt3ym.jpg

IMG_3271_zpsehzrhrmf.jpg

IMG_3252_zpstxak19h5.jpg

IMG_3247_zpsxol4kscz.jpg

IMG_3240_zpsrpygmdfz.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Definitely not an X-175 - those have a rounded cutaway. In my non-expert opinion, is that it's a T100D blonde.

walrus

kakerlak

Reaction score
1959 is at least ballpark on the date. It's a T-100D, like walrus said. Should be quite a ripper! Not the first Guild I've seen of that era where the original model/SN ink has totally faded off the label.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And the ghost-writing. :laughing:
Just to explain this for the OP: The ink just faded over time when sun/light came on the label into the F-hole. With black light maybe there would be something visible, but who cares, the serial number is on the headstock so you know the year and Hans told you the correct model number T-100BDP (Blonde, Double Pickups), so all set.

Ralf

Last edited: