Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GAD40 Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by adorshki View Post
    I know but when they turn out to have some unrealized potential factual basis they're even funnier.
    With your help, my friend

Moritz

Quote Originally Posted by bobouz View Post
    The multiple short vertical lines in this top are very similar to the top of my 2014 Gibson J-15, which also has a fair amount of cross-silking. It was one of the first J-15s produced, and has a custom-shop label, which I've never seen on another natural-finish J-15. I've wondered if the custom shop aspect of the guitar was this lovely top, which also carries a more light-brownish hue.

Regardless of where the top came from on the J-15, it is incredibly responsive from top to bottom - notes literally leap off of it. If your GAD F-40 has any similar characteristics, it's gotta be a winner!
    I can tell you Bobouz this top is super responsive and just light fingerpicking it rings like a bell.. strums beautifully too.. just a great little guitar at a great price. Been enjoying the heck out of her..

Quote Originally Posted by stormin1155 View Post
    That's a great deal... buy it! I'm a luthier/tech, and repairing or replacing a bridge isn't a big deal... probably under $100.
    Stormin as Al pointed out I certainly did.. Dan McCarthy ( highly reputable Dallas luthier ) will make / install a new bridge for $150. The crack seems to be stable so no hurry on this end. But even if I did that would have me at $375 invested in the guitar. Still well under value. Especially given itís super clean condition aside from the crack. Just a great find.

So much gushing over this guitar...you're not going to change your user name are you??
    NH 2011 D-40 Standard, 2014 Orpheum 000-12 Fret SH Hog, 2010 F-412, 2010 F-512.

Westerly: Songbird, JF-30-12, 1976 F-212, 1971 D-25 CH, 1982 D-70, F4CE, 1996 D-26

Westerly Series OM-140 SB

Ibanez V-302

Madeira A-2...(don't laugh!)

Most of the pain associated with my playing comes from having to listen to me. frono

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    So much gushing over this guitar...you're not going to change your user name are you??
    I know it was a joke but it's a little more complicated than one might guess.
    I picked mine just to be able to register, assuming I could just change it later when I came up with a "better" one....but it ain't that easy...and IIRC you'll lose all the posts under your old username besides.
    You can imagine how that makes me feel....
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!