If not Soundcloud, what other free song storage, link sharing platform is there?

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
what do you all use to store songs and share them? my free Souncloud had ended, I guess you only get so much bandwidth and my stuff just is not worth it to me paying for the Pro version :).

just for fun and to share with friends.

thanks

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I went with Mega. Free and up to 50GB storage. pretty easy sync to laptop too :)

PittPastor

Reaction score
What's Mega? BTW, it's an extra step, but you can add music into a simple image with something like iMovie and then upload it to YouTube.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
What's Mega? BTW, it's an extra step, but you can add music into a simple image with something like iMovie and then upload it to YouTube.

Mega is like drop box or box.com or google drive. thanks Pitt!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
The trick that AcornHouse talks about with Wordpress should work for any kind of file.

It may not have the sexy interface that Soundcloud does, though.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
How do you avoid getting called out on Copyright Violations?

I am not a performer. Most of the songs I record are my own instrumentals. The other songs I record are real humble stripped down versions of psalms and hymns. no one listens to those. no one cares. :)

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I use Mega for cloud photo backup. Never occured to me to use it for image sharing. D'oh!

-Dave-

it is working well so far Dave, i like the desktop sync. i am not sure about its security at this time, i assume it is like dropbox.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Another option, used by several LTGers, including myself, is Soundclick...

I haven't added to (or even looked at) my page for ages (linked at the bottom of my sig)... in fact, I sold all of my recording equipment a couple years back. But, at the time I was using it, there was a free option...

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I also use soundclick. Or did when I was actively recording. But it's still there.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
what do you all use to store songs and share them? my free Souncloud had ended, I guess you only get so much bandwidth and my stuff just is not worth it to me paying for the Pro version :).

just for fun and to share with friends.

thanks

I use SoundCloud but mine is free I can get about 30 songs or something . If a record a new tune I just retire the oldest or less meaningful one .

Ok so what else is there ? There's Bandcamp , Soundclick , reverberation though more set up for performing musicains which I'm not but it hosts none the less and there's Audiomac .