Following Guild's DS-240 Memoir, Taylor introduces the Grand Pacific

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
oh yeah, recording king has had a great MIC one for years, several different models.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
talk about your shoulder killer though. for whatever reason for me, tough on the rotator cuff whereas the simple dread design is not so bad on it.

ClydeTower

Reaction score
talk about your shoulder killer though. for whatever reason for me, tough on the rotator cuff whereas the simple dread design is not so bad on it.

In my case, I find my slope Gibson SC less bulky and more comfortable to hold than a standard square shoulder dread... guess it depends on your body type.
I noticed that the Taylor is a standard 25.5 scale, where as the Guild and Gibson are short scale 24.75... that could also help or hurt your shoulder depending on if you prefer to be more extended or not.

Sal

Reaction score
Can I rant a little here? I have to say Talylor's modern designs make me cringe and I'm glad Guild is mostly sticking with their historic designs.

Most specifically I think that Taylor bridge and pick guard are silly and then they show two rough-and-tumble players; one all tattoos with flame dyed hair, and the other long haired with a scruffy beard, and it's not a believable image to me.

I know, just my opinion, but I think Taylor guitars are too precious and they will never touch Guild or Martin guitars for authenticity.