Twilight Zone????????????????

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So, a while back I sold another Guild that I absolutely loved and to this day can't explain why I sold it. It was a 2001 D 30 in the Tennessee Orange color with factory installed electronics. I regretted selling that guitar from day one. I've never seen another one listed in that color ever. Cruising Reverb a few minutes ago I saw it listed there along with my word for word description and my pics all from when I originally sold it. I messaged the guy and he said yup, he bought it from me and regretted selling it now but cash was really tight for him. So, I made him an offer he accepted. I guess God really is watching out for me and is helping me to correct stupid things that I continue to do. He's gonna have to put in some overtime though 'cause I've come up with a few lulus lately.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's great! Yes that was a nice looking one you had. There were not many at least in that color.
Ralf

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I remember you selling that. I looked at it on reverb for a while, considering if I should buy it. congrats on getting this one back Richard!

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That is awesome. Who doesn’t love a sad tale with a happy ending.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Maybe you should play the lottery today! Great story!

walrus

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations! You ought to move to Tennessee. Every time the word Tennessee shows up, you get that "feel good" all over you.
Johnny G. In Tennessee has been blessed because you showed unexpected kindness to him.
So glad you got the D30 back.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Boomerang relationships, boomerang kids, boomerang employees, and this is not the first boomerang guitar I've heard about around here. Stuball is right - your good karma is at work.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...So, I made him an offer he accepted.

I love a happy ending! :sentimental:

I guess God really is watching out for me and is helping me to correct stupid things that I continue to do....

No, no, you had it right the first time. You entered The Twilight Zone, where such things can come right out of the blue!

BTW, where are those pics?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Seems like there's a Twilight zone episode for every occasion:
images

Good Ol' Rockabilly singer goes out looking for original authentic folk song and meets girl:
thumbnail

DomL9BeXoAEY2r2.jpg

06a1a03a27b9abeb17a8c1a9d7249ed8.jpg

tombstone64.jpg

I just know there's an implicit moral message in there somewhere.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I have a similar story. Some time back, I bought q DV-52 satin finish from a guy who needed cash. That guitar was in pristine condition and made me a lover of Guild DV models. Later I sold it to buy a DV-72. Not too long later, the purchaser decided he needed a cheaper guitar (for some unexplained reason). I informed the guy I had bought it from to make an offer. It ws accepted and back it went to the "original" owner in the triangle. So goes the perigrinations of our Guilds.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I have a similar story. Some time back, I bought q DV-52 satin finish from a guy who needed cash. That guitar was in pristine condition and made me a lover of Guild DV models. Later I sold it to buy a DV-72. Not too long later, the purchaser decided he needed a cheaper guitar (for some unexplained reason). I informed the guy I had bought it from to make an offer. It ws accepted and back it went to the "original" owner in the triangle. So goes the perigrinations of our Guilds.

Is a peregrination a type of hawk????

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats Richard, what a feel-good story! Love my two DCE3s and
my latest D30 - just looking at my Tenn orange DCE3 will take some troubles away :laughing:
Post some pics soon as you can!

IMG_3093.jpg

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Heh... found it -
gorgeous, nearly bought this when you had it for sale!, but
ended up with the E3 instead!

awmbsioqlowjbgn2vx28.jpg