Anyone have info on this guitar?

Reaction score
Just joined today and wondered if anyone has info on my guitar. It's a Guild Starfire III, serial # 43516, which is also stamped on the back of the headstock. I can't find any information on year or anything else for that matter. It was given to me between 1967 and 1969, but I know that doesn't officially date it. I'm not finding any serial numbers that resemble this one. It's got a few dings (I got it when I was in Jr. High and was careless) but still has a sweet sound. Any information would be appreciated, as my research seems to turn nothing up. Thanks for your help.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just joined today and wondered if anyone has info on my guitar. It's a Guild Starfire III, serial # 43516, which is also stamped on the back of the headstock. I can't find any information on year or anything else for that matter. It was given to me between 1967 and 1969, but I know that doesn't officially date it. I'm not finding any serial numbers that resemble this one.

Hello bobbie,

Welcome! Your Guild Starfire III with serial # 43516 was completed during the year 1965.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
Hello bobbie,

Welcome! Your Guild Starfire III with serial # 43516 was completed during the year 1965.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

That was sure fast! Thank you very much Hans. It needs a little work that I can't do, and I just wanted to know its "birthday" before I brought it to a luthier. I appreciate the info.

DrumBob

Reaction score
You've found out that Hans is perhaps the world's leading authority on Guild guitars. He provides so much great information here on the forum.