Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Pierce with his new M-80

Quote Originally Posted by SFIV1967 View Post
    The reduced break angle will make fretting feel easier and bends easier, but the distance needed to bend to a specific pitch will now be greater.
    Ralf
    It's true the increased height had me scratching my head a little, because it would seem counterproductive, but with the typical gauges of electrics it's probably irrelevant and may even aid bending by exaggerating the pitch shift so one doesn't actually have to bend "so far"? (across a fret once fretted, as opposed to action height at that fret)
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!

Hello

Al - you are correct about me forgetting to mention PITCH
    First good guitar - GUILD Duane Eddy 400 - I was 3rd owner - still regret letting it go 25 years ago - used to have Artist Award and Starfire - no regrets here.
    Present guitars - all bought new - F50R 1975 - F512 1977 - F212CSB 1979 - OM-240CE 2018 - Schecter Startocaster
    Bought secondhand - B30SB fretless - RED Songbird - White Songbird - S-60D - D-125 - Gibson 3/4-size acoustic 1957 - Carmelo Gonzales nylon string - old Levin Lute

For a brief time I had my Nightbird set up with the strings wrapping over the stoptail. I thought it made the strings feel too springy so I switched back to "normal" soon after. I like a springy feel with most Fender(-style) guitars but not so much otherwise.

-Dave-
    1962 F-20 Troubadour
    1970 M-75 Bluesbird
    1971 S-100 "Black Cherry"
    1973 S-100 "Nature Boy"
    1990 Nightbird Custom
    1999 X-170T
    2013 NS M-75 Aristocrat
    2016 NS S-200 T-bird

c. 1971 Foxey Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuska View Post
    Hello

Al - you are correct about me forgetting to mention PITCH

Now you need to go back to Airplane's Build-a-Thunderbird thread and tell him what the "Matrix" connection is.
    I left 100 bonus points hangin' out there for you.
    Al
    All bought new!

Quote Originally Posted by adorshki View Post

Now you need to go back to Airplane's Build-a-Thunderbird thread and tell him what the "Matrix" connection is.
    I left 100 bonus points hangin' out there for you.
    Thanks for giving me chance to gain 100 points . . . can we use those for something . . . ? on this forum . . .?
    I sent him a proposition - it has to do with where he is going to. Other than that I can not come up with anything. My imagination is very limited. And Finnish is so different from English and German. Those two are almost clones of each other from Finnish point of view. . .

So go ahead and start planning how to use them bonus points .
    First good guitar - GUILD Duane Eddy 400 - I was 3rd owner - still regret letting it go 25 years ago - used to have Artist Award and Starfire - no regrets here.
    Present guitars - all bought new - F50R 1975 - F512 1977 - F212CSB 1979 - OM-240CE 2018 - Schecter Startocaster
    Bought secondhand - B30SB fretless - RED Songbird - White Songbird - S-60D - D-125 - Gibson 3/4-size acoustic 1957 - Carmelo Gonzales nylon string - old Levin Lute

Thanks for giving me chance to gain 100 points . . . can we use those for something . . . ? on this forum . . .?
    Bragging rights and do-overs on the Song Title Game thread.
    I sent him a proposition - it has to do with where he is going to. Other than that I can not come up with anything. My imagination is very limited. And Finnish is so different from English and German. Those two are almost clones of each other from Finnish point of view. . .
    So go ahead and start planning how to use them bonus points .
    PM sent.
    Al
    All bought new!

My PRS Hollowbody has the strings wrapped over the stoptail. I had never tried that before but I love it on this guitar.

walrus
    1984 Guild D64
    2011 Guild F-30RCE
    2008 PRS Hollowbody Spruce