Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OGD - F-30 in need of TLC

Another source for period correct truss rods is Hans Moust -- check with him.

An update for those interested ...

I took the guitar to Jacobs Custom Guitars this morning, and left it. Had a nice chat with Tom and Dave. The news is better than I had hoped. The cracked bridge may be repairable. There’s a loose brace, and a crack along the pick guard mentioned earlier in this thread. Tom is going to address those three issues, and then once the top is stable, see if he can get a decent setup. At that point, a neck reset may or may not be necessary. We’ll see in a couple weeks.

Also met some friends for lunch on the coast and had an excellent oyster po’boy, then visited a microbrewery we’d heard about. All in all, a fine day.

To be continued ...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mjurban View Post
    I took the guitar to Jacobs Custom Guitars this morning, and left it. Had a nice chat with Tom and Dave. The news is better than I had hoped. The cracked bridge may be repairable. There’s a loose brace, and a crack along the pick guard mentioned earlier in this thread. Tom is going to address those three issues, and then once the top is stable, see if he can get a decent setup. At that point, a neck reset may or may not be necessary. We’ll see in a couple weeks.

Also met some friends for lunch on the coast and had an excellent oyster po’boy, then visited a microbrewery we’d heard about. All in all, a fine day.

To be continued ...

Mike
    This is what I would call excellent progress!!

walrus
    1984 Guild D64
    2011 Guild F-30RCE
    2008 PRS Hollowbody Spruce