Selling Starfire XIII?

Reaction score
Hi All. First time question...

I am selling a gorgeous Starfire XII red 12-string on behalf of the original owner. All original. Where is the best place to communicate its availability? Is there a Classified Section on this site?

P.S. I am a former bass player and, by coincidence, played a Starfire Bass for years.

wayne

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yup, listing it here in the FS/FT section would be wise. Also, of course you have the old standards of Reverb, Ebay and Craig's List, all decent sites IMHO.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yup, listing it here in the FS/FT section would be wise. Also, of course you have the old standards of Reverb, Ebay and Craig's List, all decent sites IMHO.
Since it’s not his, it has to go, as Chaz said, in the EBay section.

dbirchett

Reaction score
I want a Starfire-13! :)

Welcome!

Well, just stick a Banjo tuner at the end of the peghead and triple up the g string. You got it!

in the mid-60s when I was first getting into guitars, a local shop had a used Martin D (don't remember which model) that someone had put a Grover Pete Seeger banjo tuner into the end of the headstock at the top. Doubled the g string for a 7 string guitar. Thought that was really dumb at the time. Then McGuinn came out with his and showed me that the seller was not the dumb one.

Reaction score
HA! ...guess I was a little too fast at the keyboard. XIII would be a real trick! (DUH! --SORRY!). Thanks for your responses!

Since my original post, I have changed directions slightly. (The original owner's preference...) There were TWO guitars and I have purchased both, for re-sale purposes. The other, btw, is a beautiful Gretsch Nashville, a 1968 I believe, double cutaway. Also, a Fender Bandmaster amplifier, in similar condition, all original, except for capacitor replacement. I do have good photo's. SO -- Do these need to be listed in a DIFFERENT section of the site?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
HA! ...guess I was a little too fast at the keyboard. XIII would be a real trick! (DUH! --SORRY!). Thanks for your responses!

Since my original post, I have changed directions slightly. (The original owner's preference...) There were TWO guitars and I have purchased both, for re-sale purposes. The other, btw, is a beautiful Gretsch Nashville, a 1968 I believe, double cutaway. Also, a Fender Bandmaster amplifier, in similar condition, all original, except for capacitor replacement. I do have good photo's. SO -- Do these need to be listed in a DIFFERENT section of the site?

Welcome.

To clarify, if the Original Poster is the seller of an instrument we prefer that it be listed in FS/FT. If anyone besides the OP is selling the instrument then it should be listed in ebay etc., ideally with contact information for the "real" seller. The sticky threads at the top of FS/FT may be of interest as well as the How to Post Pictures thread. To the extent that any content is heavily moderated, FS/FT is moderated in hopes that only the instrument for sale will be discussed. Specifically other posters are discouraged from arguing about the price or talking about similar models. If you want advice about price or condition, post in this section with your questions.

I have a preference for one item per thread but you can list everything in one. Feel free to drop into Bass and see what you can contribute to Starfire discussions.

Last edited: