Ngd - dv73

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here it is. This guitar is special. Near-mint condition, and even with dead strings, it has volume, overtones, and clarity.

WlTiqmb.jpg

kmDZlUp.jpg

S8NZ6qz.jpg

rmkMIq7.jpg

S17i4LK.jpg

Dw5fMLV.jpg

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just noticed that the herringbone purfling on your newly acquired '94 DV-73 is the same/similar to that on my '94 DV-72s, but slightly different than that on my '95 DV-73...

I'm guessing its a 1994 vs 1995 difference, rather than a DV-72 vs DV-73 difference.

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
Congratulations! Can't get enough of these DV-7x's.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
awagner:
Back to back post; A vintage D55 and DV73. Two guitars that would improve most anyone's collection. And doubt I will ever see a DV73 in person.
Just a magical looking guitar!
Congratulations!!!

beecee

Reaction score
Holy ####!

Purdy!

Love the detail on the bridge inlay...true artistry

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
very cool piece, congrats again! would be a cool guitar (aestheticly) for many types of gigs that come to mind. everyone in the audience would ask about it and look for another one...and never find another!

bobouz

Reaction score
Gorgeous instrument!

Looks like that neck binding would be a very easy fix.
Makes me want to glue it down through the computer!

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gorgeous instrument!

Looks like that neck binding would be a very easy fix.
Makes me want to glue it down through the computer!

There is also very minor finish loss on one side of the neck from the nut to the 3rd fret, and a barely noticeable finish crack near the pick guard. I don’t anticipate more than $150 in repair and setup work (including new strings).

F312

Reaction score
There is also very minor finish loss on one side of the neck from the nut to the 3rd fret, and a barely noticeable finish crack near the pick guard. I don’t anticipate more than $150 in repair and setup work (including new strings).

Can you show a pic of the "very minor finish loss on one side of the neck from the nut to the 3rd fret, and a barely noticeable finish crack near the pick guard".

Ralph

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Can you show a pic of the "very minor finish loss on one side of the neck from the nut to the 3rd fret, and a barely noticeable finish crack near the pick guard".

Ralph

Sure. These are the pics sent to me by the auction house, which voluntarily disclosed the issues to me when I inquired about the guitar.

PXCB8aO.jpg

aVOmFf6.jpg

Last edited:

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
For what it's worth, ALL of my DV-7Xs have had finish issues where the neck binding meets the neck, particularly up near the nut. Coincidently, its mostly the treble side. On my 73, the fretboard actually separated from the neck, requiring a week of R & R (repair and restoration) with Mr Fixit.

F312

Reaction score
For what it's worth, ALL of my DV-7Xs have had finish issues where the neck binding meets the neck, particularly up near the nut. Coincidently, its mostly the treble side. On my 73, the fretboard actually separated from the neck, requiring a week of R & R (repair and restoration) with Mr Fixit.

Very interesting, that is the exact reason I ask you to post pics of the neck area at the nut. "Ditto" what you just said, minus "Mr. Fixit" on my DV73. Now through the years I have seen this issue on three other DV73s. Recall!

Ralph

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very interesting, that is the exact reason I ask you to post pics of the neck area at the nut. "Ditto" what you just said, minus "Mr. Fixit" on my DV73. Now through the years I have seen this issue on three other DV73s. Recall!

Ralph

What is the serial number of your DV73?