Belated NGD - 1970 D55

Bernie

Reaction score
Didn't know what Belated meant...Thanks.
Any of these guitars could make one happy for life : I liked the DV73 very much. Aside from its good looks, how does it stands compared to the D_55 ? I figure out that Brazilian rosewood must be something...

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Didn't know what Belated meant...Thanks.
Any of these guitars could make one happy for life : I liked the DV73 very much. Aside from its good looks, how does it stands compared to the D_55 ? I figure out that Brazilian rosewood must be something...

Fair enough.

Hard to articulate how they differ in sound. One is not better than the other. Just different. Generally, Brazilian rosewood (at least to my ears) tends to have more of an earthy, vintage tone with more depth (overtones), that can best be heard when fingerpicked.

The D55 is no exception. It sounds fantastic.

The DV73 and similar Indian rosewood guitars are louder, cleaner, and sharper sounding, and really shine when flatpicked and strummed.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow that D-55 is superb looking and agreed with Richard - wear in all the right places.. I cant help but also find myself looking over its shoulder at all of the glorious guilds you have there.. wowza!!!