Soundhole cover for F65-CE?

bdeclee

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!!! Since the last time I posted, I have retired and my husband and I have moved to the Phoenix suburbs. Even though I’m on the more or less deserted (hah, no pun intended) west side, I have found a band to play with, and I am in need of a soundhole cover for my F65-CE. Without it, I have way too much feedback.

I recall someone posted a link to a product that would fit the Guild oval soundhole, but dang if I can’t find that thread. So if someone has a recommendation, I’d be grateful if you’d pass it along.

Thanks, all!!!

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Hi Barb...glad to see you back, happily retired, and not shoveling the weather any more.

Off the top of my head I think Yamaha has some oval feedback busters...and Lute Hole...for starters...you'd have to check dimensions...I only have
public wifi access and it's acting up at the moment...someone with really good search foo, like Ralf, might be able to find the previous references on LTG.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of the discussions was this, there was a video included for one special version.
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?177105-Feedback-Buster-for-oval-sound-hole-(F65ce-)+

And yes, Yamaha has an oval feedback buster for APX models. But if they fit a F-65CE is another question. I read the Yamaha version is 4" across by 3" top to bottom.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_qc622600.htm

yamaha-apx-soundhole-feedback-buster_360_c9d3e522796f7d4b63ccc230595ec480.jpg
shcover.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

bdeclee

Reaction score
Hi Barb...glad to see you back, happily retired, and not shoveling the weather any more.

Off the top of my head I think Yamaha has some oval feedback busters...and Lute Hole...for starters...you'd have to check dimensions...I only have
public wifi access and it's acting up at the moment...someone with really good search foo, like Ralf, might be able to find the previous references on LTG.

Hah, right! No shoveling snow here. �� Thanks for the info!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Barbara, it's good to see your post. Welcome to the desert, although I'm sure y'all get more rain than we do in Vegas, for sure. Just shovel the sunshine!! This is the blue one that you got from Marc Ellis, right??

I love me some BLUE guitars, my dear!! :encouragement:

bdeclee

Reaction score
No snow here, but the rain shovel has been busy!

I know! We left on May 8th and it seems like it’s done nothing but rain ever since! We sold our house to a young couple and, as part of the deal, included the riding mower. I wonder if all they did was mow whenever the rain stopped.

bdeclee

Reaction score
Hey Barbara, it's good to see your post. Welcome to the desert, although I'm sure y'all get more rain than we do in Vegas, for sure. Just shovel the sunshine!! This is the blue one that you got from Marc Ellis, right??

I love me some BLUE guitars, my dear!! :encouragement:

I would have thought that Vegas and the Phoenix Valley would have similar rainfall amounts. We moved to the very far west suburb of Phoenix — Buckeye. This past summer, whenever it rained, I cheered! What a strange inversion of what had been the natural order for me. :-0.

And yes, I bought Marc’s blue F65-CE and I love it!

Dakota Red

Reaction score
Long ago on ebay I found an oval Guild-label sound-hole plug for my [bought-new] '84 F45-CE12. It worked "OK" but when playing in a band with drums/etc I find the best thing is to stuff a t-shirt into the body of the gtr 1st [arched back may make it more feedback-prone] and then put the plug in. A black t-shirt stuffed by itself works pretty well too - doesn't "show" onstage and seems to damp feedback pretty darn well. An LR Baggs Venue pre-amp pedal also helps greatly, has an a sweep-able anti-feedback notch filter. Try the t-shirt thing & see if it works sufficiently for you.

Last edited:

bdeclee

Reaction score
Long ago on ebay I found an oval Guild-label sound-hole plug for my [bought-new] '84 F45-CE12. It worked "OK" but when playing in a band with drums/etc I find the best thing is to stuff a t-shirt into the body of the gtr 1st [arched back may make it more feedback-prone] and then put the plug in. A black t-shirt stuffed by itself works pretty well too - doesn't "show" onstage and seems to damp feedback pretty darn well. An LR Baggs Venue pre-amp pedal also helps greatly, has an a sweep-able anti-feedback notch filter. Try the t-shirt thing & see if it works sufficiently for you.

Cool idea! I just bought a cover from Lute Hole but I will definitely take your suggestion if it doesn’t reduce the feedback enough. Thanks!

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cool idea! I just bought a cover from Lute Hole but I will definitely take your suggestion if it doesn’t reduce the feedback enough. Thanks!
I have a LuteHole for one of my round hole acoustics, and it does a great job, even at full stage volume.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Few decades ago I was in Leo Kottke concert - at one time he pulled a pair of trousers out of one guitar and told audience, that they work better than towels or anything else he had tried. Quite funny - but shows that different materials have different properties. One could get same size black sheets of different materials and experiment . . .