Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soundhole cover for F65-CE?

Quote Originally Posted by davismanLV View Post
    Hey Barbara, it's good to see your post. Welcome to the desert, although I'm sure y'all get more rain than we do in Vegas, for sure. Just shovel the sunshine!! This is the blue one that you got from Marc Ellis, right??

I love me some BLUE guitars, my dear!!
    I would have thought that Vegas and the Phoenix Valley would have similar rainfall amounts. We moved to the very far west suburb of Phoenix — Buckeye. This past summer, whenever it rained, I cheered! What a strange inversion of what had been the natural order for me. :-0.

And yes, I bought Marc’s blue F65-CE and I love it!
    Westerly-built F65-CE, post 1999
    2011 Chris Wood Dreadnought, "Veronica"
    2 Takamines
    1 insane Vizsla

Long ago on ebay I found an oval Guild-label sound-hole plug for my [bought-new] '84 F45-CE12. It worked "OK" but when playing in a band with drums/etc I find the best thing is to stuff a t-shirt into the body of the gtr 1st [arched back may make it more feedback-prone] and then put the plug in. A black t-shirt stuffed by itself works pretty well too - doesn't "show" onstage and seems to damp feedback pretty darn well. An LR Baggs Venue pre-amp pedal also helps greatly, has an a sweep-able anti-feedback notch filter. Try the t-shirt thing & see if it works sufficiently for you.
    Last edited by Dakota Red; 01-03-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Red View Post
    Long ago on ebay I found an oval Guild-label sound-hole plug for my [bought-new] '84 F45-CE12. It worked "OK" but when playing in a band with drums/etc I find the best thing is to stuff a t-shirt into the body of the gtr 1st [arched back may make it more feedback-prone] and then put the plug in. A black t-shirt stuffed by itself works pretty well too - doesn't "show" onstage and seems to damp feedback pretty darn well. An LR Baggs Venue pre-amp pedal also helps greatly, has an a sweep-able anti-feedback notch filter. Try the t-shirt thing & see if it works sufficiently for you.
    Cool idea! I just bought a cover from Lute Hole but I will definitely take your suggestion if it doesn’t reduce the feedback enough. Thanks!
    Westerly-built F65-CE, post 1999
    2011 Chris Wood Dreadnought, "Veronica"
    2 Takamines
    1 insane Vizsla

Quote Originally Posted by bdeclee View Post
    Cool idea! I just bought a cover from Lute Hole but I will definitely take your suggestion if it doesn’t reduce the feedback enough. Thanks!
    I have a LuteHole for one of my round hole acoustics, and it does a great job, even at full stage volume.
    Chris

‘
    56 A-50, '57 CE-100, ‘58 A-350, '60 X-150, ‘60 SF II, '61 M-20, '62 F-20, '64 S-50 Jetstar, '64 Mark II, '65 SFIV, '71 S-90, '75 F-112, '75 Mark IVp, '81 M-80, '82 S-275, ‘87 Nightbird I, '88 Detonator, ‘92 F-15ce, '93 X-500, '97 Bluesbird, '99 F-30, ‘14 NS Aristocrat, '16 NS T-bird
    '54 Masteramp, '60 99j, '63 200-S, '66 T-bass, ‘66 Thunder T1-12, '69 T-star, ‘93 Sequoia,
    ‘60s Bari Uke

http://acornhouseworkshop.com/
    '08 Parlor, '10 Butternut Deuce, '13 Rounder, '14 Kulakeiki

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Red View Post

Few decades ago I was in Leo Kottke concert - at one time he pulled a pair of trousers out of one guitar and told audience, that they work better than towels or anything else he had tried. Quite funny - but shows that different materials have different properties. One could get same size black sheets of different materials and experiment . . .
    First good guitar - GUILD Duane Eddy 400 - I was 3rd owner - still regret letting it go 25 years ago - used to have Artist Award and Starfire - no regrets here.
    Present guitars - all bought new - F50R 1975 - F512 1977 - F212CSB 1979 - OM-240CE 2018 - Schecter Startocaster
    bought secondhand - B30SB fretless - RED Songbird - White Songbird - D-125 - Gibson 3/4-size acoustic 1957 - Carmelo Gonzales nylon string - old Levin Lute