Ngd x 2

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, it seems that when it rains it also sometimes pours. Some of you may remember me lamenting the fact I had to let my Orpheum Jumbo go. I wasn't sad about why I did it because it went to help pay for a couple ACL surgeries for a pair of Black Labs I used to have. And, my dogs and cats are surely more important to me than any guitar I've ever owned. However, I was still sad to see it go.

Well, I was cruising the Reverb site last night and lo and behold two Orpheum Jumbos had just gotten listed. One was in the beautiful Burst and I bought that one pronto. The other was a natural and after thinking about it I contacted the seller and he gave me a pretty good price (ay least I thought so) for the Natural one so I bought it too. Both are NOS, in mint condition with the OHSC and the plastic still on the pickguard. They came from a place I've never dealt with before called the Daytona Beach Drum Center. Looks to me like all they really sell are Drum kits but I could be wrong about that.

Anyway, I should be receiving both of them soon and if I can talk Eric into posting a couple pics I'll do that when I can.

Now, I need to get serious about selling some gear off to pay for all that so I'll be letting some pretty nice gear go probably in the April/May timeframe. I really try to avoid shipping upper end acoustics in the cold, winter months. I'll try to sell locally but here in the hinterlands of NE Michigan, it seems any guitar over about $300 is a tough sell. It's just a pretty depressed area.

Anyway, that's it from Barton City land. Amen.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's the way to do it! Congrats on a couple of (undoubtedly) beauties!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wasn't there a chewing gum jingle "double your pleasure double your fun" -- Maybe Spearmint?
Two Orpheum Jumbos-you cannot hide "class."

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats! Hope they're all you are hoping them to be!

I'll be watching to see what you might let go come spring...

bobouz

Reaction score
That Ren touch is good for the soul!

A few weeks ago I lucked onto a Ren-era original design for Gibson, the 15" small jumbo CJ-165 in maple, with a cutaway & soundhole Fishman Aura, from 2007. Just a wonderful guitar, and it completed my self-inflicted goal of owning 15,16,17" jumbo-shaped bodies, from both Guild & Gibson.

Because Gibson & Guild are my two favorite brands, it was exciting to consider what impact Ren might have on Guild. I'm guessing he thoroughly enjoyed having the free hand to develop the Orpheum series. And I'm also guessing that his Orpheum take on a jumbo will be sheer joy in your hands, times two!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Richard, looking forward to hearing about the new Orpheums... Or, is that "Orphea?"

Ha!
Yes Richard is da man, and though I look forward to seeing pictures of his new acquisitions, I am slightly more intrigued by what he will be putting up on the block to thin his herd... any way for a sneak preview sir????

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi Richard, congratulations! If you don't mind I post a few of the two beauties:

The sunburst one is one of the last New Hartford guitars from May 2014 and the natural one is from September 2013.

48266678_2404294709644309_9216833082290601984_n.jpg
48045669_2404294606310986_8735554478918336512_n.jpg

Ralf

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems that when it rains it also sometimes pours. Some of you may remember me lamenting the fact I had to let my Orpheum Jumbo go. I wasn't sad about why I did it because it went to help pay for a couple ACL surgeries for a pair of Black Labs I used to have. And, my dogs and cats are surely more important to me than any guitar I've ever owned. However, I was still sad to see it go.

Well, I was cruising the Reverb site last night and lo and behold two Orpheum Jumbos had just gotten listed. One was in the beautiful Burst and I bought that one pronto. The other was a natural and after thinking about it I contacted the seller and he gave me a pretty good price (ay least I thought so) for the Natural one so I bought it too. Both are NOS, in mint condition with the OHSC and the plastic still on the pickguard. They came from a place I've never dealt with before called the Daytona Beach Drum Center. Looks to me like all they really sell are Drum kits but I could be wrong about that.

Anyway, I should be receiving both of them soon and if I can talk Eric into posting a couple pics I'll do that when I can.

Now, I need to get serious about selling some gear off to pay for all that so I'll be letting some pretty nice gear go probably in the April/May timeframe. I really try to avoid shipping upper end acoustics in the cold, winter months. I'll try to sell locally but here in the hinterlands of NE Michigan, it seems any guitar over about $300 is a tough sell. It's just a pretty depressed area.

Anyway, that's it from Barton City land. Amen.

Wow awesome ! I’d love to try a Orph , congrats ;)

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hi Richard, congratulations! If you don't mind I post a few of the two beauties:

The sunburst one is one of the last New Hartford guitars from May 2014 and the natural one is from September 2013.

48266678_2404294709644309_9216833082290601984_n.jpg
48045669_2404294606310986_8735554478918336512_n.jpg

Ralf

Not only do I NOT mind, I'm quite appreciative. I'm sure Eric doesn't mind either since I usually ask him to post the pics. Thanks Ralf!!!!!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those are both exquisite, Richard, but I'm really taken with the grain on your natural-top one. Wow! That's some beautiful Adirondack!