Thoughts about vintage x-175 vs newark street x-175b?

rshinn32

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Thanks so much for all the input. Especially Thanks Walter. You've actually got me starting to think seriously about the NS. I'm not a professional musician, though I do sit in, on stage, for a couple of songs, from time to time, with professionals. So, but it probably really is excessive for me to be purchasing an expensive vintage guitar. I know my wife doesn't like the idea of me getting, yet another guitar. And so, I imagine she'll be a bit less unhappy if it's less costly. But, I do have a good ear and I like the nice clean, deep bassy sounds that my teacher, Mitch Polzak, gets out of his vintage guitars (gibson super 400, epi Zephyr regent deluxe). So, I wanted something like that, although less expensive, that would nicely complement my T500, which is an awesome sounding guitar, but it lacks that really clean deep bass sound. And, I notice the trebble sounds on the vintage guitars are also more crisp and clean. But, I'm also very interested in learning a bit about working on the electronics and am interested in trying out the alnico vintage-spec staple (Alnico V) pickups in either the T500 or whatever next guitar I get. So, perhaps the NS makes more sense, all around. Ok. Thanks again for all the good information.

swiveltung

Reaction score