Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Hartford GSR Starfire VI, as good as I've hyped it up in my head?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Broes View Post
    Not to offend anyone who owns one, but I don't really see what's special about them, or what makes them extra desirable : it's a non-Guild body shape, doesn't look like any Starfire before or after it, and it has Gibson type pickups. Might be a very decent ES-335 type guitar, but I'd rather have a Starfire or an ES-335, and this is kind of neither. Then again, I could see how that very thing could be the attraction to some people.
    I always thought the fifties pickguard looked wonky on the SF body.

No offence taken here but this is exactly why I like the GSR Starfire so much. As I said I have a ES-345 and an old Starfire IV and the GSR is a very unique guitar, lighter and more resonate than either of the others. I have several old traditional guitars but sometimes I just want something different. It reminds me more of some of the Collings I have played. Built great with nitro finish, plays great, sounds great, can't see the name on the headstock nor the shape when I am playing it anyway. Try one if you can and make up your own mind. I was able to try and buy locally so for me it was not a shot in the dark. Did I mention that my wife bought my GSR Starfire for my birthday!
    Thanks john

A GSR Starfire as a gift?! You are a lucky guy!

walrus
    1984 Guild D64
    2011 Guild F-30RCE
    2008 PRS Hollowbody Spruce

Shoot, I had to buy my OWN birthday present!
    "Steve, you are a man of many goats."~ capnjuan

"Alternatively, you could just go the ultra-relic route with it. Basically go for a look that says the amp was on fire and they put it out using belt sanders."
    (amps - I need a "99" & "50")