Picked up a M-75 Aristocrat

telemike

Reaction score
Well, after just picking up a Bluesbird, I had to get an M-75 Aristocrat

Man is this guitar lightweight. So resonant. Not a bad acoustic sound as well. The spruce top is nice, along with the Sunburst and gold hardware. Just looks classy. The Franz pickups sound great.

IMKKdDV.jpg

8HK3yPi.jpg

sern5jjzyuwgdvki6aqf.jpg

telemike

Reaction score
I could have gotten a black one cheaper, but I really wanted the burst with the gold hardware. My Bluesbird is black and my Schecter PT is black. I wanted something other than black. Now a Starfire IV or S-100 Polara next

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Mike! A nice few first posts.
I got the same burst Aristocrat (since I knew I’d never afford a vintage one). A lot of great things about it, as you’ve noticed. One thing you might want to do is to wax the adjustment screws in the bridge. When played unplugged I’ve noticed a little sympathetic rattle from them and the pickup selector switch. A fairly common issue with import parts. Waxing the screws helps the bridge; I may replace the switch at some point to something without as much play.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had a goldtop that got away. I will pick another one up sometime in the future.

If it's good enough for Johnny Lee, it's good enough for me!

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar, thanks for the excellent pictures! Bet it sounds great.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Waxing the TOM's screws is a good idea. Also: when adjusting intonation on a TOM bridge where the screwheads are facing rearward, if a string is reading flat at the 12th fret I like to move the saddle forward for a slightly sharp reading before pulling it back (turning the screw clockwise) to an in-tune reading. This seems to snug the saddle & screw together just a little tighter than otherwise.

-Dave-

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
congratulations! the M75's might be the nicest of the Newark Street guitars. Pretty close to the real thing if you ask me - the pickups are hotter, but for most people, that's a good thing.

JT339

Reaction score
That's a beauty, making me hate myself for not having anything with p90's laying around here. The examples I've heard of these sound really really good.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Is that a maple top? I had it in my head that these NS M75s were spruce. Did they change spec at some point?

Reaction score
Has anyone put a rosewood saddle on their NS M-75? I think I would have to try one. I have been tempted to pick up one of these for a long time now.
Thanks john

telemike

Reaction score
the neck pickup is amazing on the M-75. Fat, punchy, clear, sweet. The bridge is a tad less output and thinner sounding, but does good with overdrive.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Has anyone put a rosewood saddle on their NS M-75? I think I would have to try one. I have been tempted to pick up one of these for a long time now.

Thanks for bringing this up! Last time I restrung my Bluesbird I forgot I'd planned to swap bridges between it and my NS Aristocrat. The Aristo is due for new strings…time to look again and see if I can track down a Guild original or suitable other (correct width, intonated for a wound G) rosewood saddle.

-Dave-

hhuffman

Reaction score
I just got one of these a few weeks ago and love it. Absolutely has a place in the quiver alongside a strat, LP, tele, at a fraction of the cost.