Ngd...2012 d55

bronzeback

Reaction score
w4HuuCLnQgKAtN5J8

w4HuuCLnQgKAtN5J8

Been waiting a while for one to pop up locally for a good price. Sam Ash yesterday I noticed it on the used section of their web site. Priced pretty good I went and looked. Setup was terrible with old light strings and zero relief (dull sounding and buzzing) so I couldn't really play it properly in the store...I knew fresh mediums and a quarter turn of the truss rod should do the trick. Pointed out some cosmetic flaws and haggled, and now she's home. Nothing major but some finish chipping on the lower bout. I'll likely have patched up but for now I'll be playing a lot. Sounds awesome of course! Some quick pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HGTTmB5oFBSX8yG46

Last edited:

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Happy D55 Thanksgiving!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice find and nice silking on the top, congrats . 😁

bronzeback

Reaction score

Here's a little sound check in F (Drop D Capo 3) sounds pretty good for cell phone video... Man she just rings and rings.

bronzeback

Reaction score
Update... the finish chips in the lower bout at the binding were driving me crazy... the PO must have had a habit of setting it top side down or something....many small chips in the finish as seen in the pics. I left it at the local Sam Ash for repair two weeks ago and it's almost undetectable now... Nice job Sam Ash! Before and after pics in the Google album https://photos.app.goo.gl/HGTTmB5oFBSX8yG46

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not sure how I missed this one, but congratulations. That's a beautiful D55! Glad you're enjoying it. Looks like the dog is as well...... :encouragement:

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations! That’s a winner. Rings like a bell. Amazing what a little knowledge and tweaking can do to bring out the best in a great guitar.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I missed this too congrats :)

beecee

Reaction score
great playing...somehow when I think of a D-55 it's being played much harder/faster.

Nice mellow tune and yes it really shows off the voice of that great guitar.