IS this one of those rare *ators?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Guild...=item214c6a7783:g:RXsAAOSwg8xb7wKL:rk:11:pf:0

Is this one of those [unkown]-ator guitars we've been unable to identify?

s-l1600.jpg

kakerlak

Reaction score
I dunno, but I sure wish I could reach through the screen and give that neck a good tug to the left!

matsickma

Reaction score
I believe so. Has the sharp headstock in lieu of the Detonator bolt-on. The body looks like Liberator.

Since a Liberator had a set neck would it be easy to add a bolt-on neck to it? Maybe Guild had leftover bolt-on necks and used them up on Liberator bodies. I personally like the look and feel of the Liberator body over the Detonator. The one I have came with EMG's, master Vol and Tone, 3- mini switches for neck, middle, bridge pickup selection, Kahler trem and Detonator neck and headstock.
M

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Why does the strap peg look J-B Welded on ?

I'm not sure what you are saying or seeing. I didn't see the "lower" strap button in any images. The one on the "horn" looks to me to be in the expected angle and position. Maybe if I had heard of J-B Weld before this post, or used it, I would not be asking the question. Thanks.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are saying or seeing. I didn't see the "lower" strap button in any images. The one on the "horn" looks to me to be in the expected angle and position. Maybe if I had heard of J-B Weld before this post, or used it, I would not be asking the question. Thanks.

J-B Weld's a kind of polymer epoxy metal welding substitute.
I think John's referring to what looks like a blob of it extruding around the base of the peg.
Going by my screen I can understand why he asked, but I suspect it's just a felt washer/finish protector which has been compressed and deformed to that shape over the years.

Last edited: