I know there is no technical reason to do that...

cutrofiano

Reaction score
... but the 1:1 fit of these Grovers (102G 18:1) on my F-150R CE was so tempting.
And aren't no-name tuning machines a shame on any US-inspired :distracted: guitar?

Grover%20Rotomatics%20102G%2018to1%20vs%20original.jpg

Grover 102G.jpg

Cheers,
Moritz

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks good . Myself I’d just see how the original tuners performed then I’d opt to change out if they sucked . Either way it’s what makes you happy ;)

cutrofiano

Reaction score
Looks good . Myself I’d just see how the original tuners performed then I’d opt to change out if they sucked . Either way it’s what makes you happy ;)

Technically the original tuners are perfect, may be they even come from the same plant as the Grovers.
I just didn't like the no-name attitude - never did from the first time a saw them, but it took me a while until the aversion grew so strong, that I decided to do something about it.

Plus: Since I had done the refinish of the top including a new custom made (still 100 % Guild style) bridge, the guitar was not original any more anyhow.

But to add something in favor of the Grovers apart from the fact that they bear the name:
The gilding looks nicer, richer, more yellow.
I am curious if the gilding of the ears will wear out as fast as it did on the originals, where the nickel coating underneath had already shun through.

Moritz