My D-25M

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just spent a couple hours caressing my old D-25M. Songs included "Ain't Misbehavin'," "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow," "Talking Old Soldiers," "Steamroller Blues," "Rain And Snow," "When I Was Young," "Someday Soon," "Flag Decal," "Good Time Charlie," "Outlaw Women," "The Boxer," among others.

I did some bare fingerpicking, and some flatpicking with my solid silver coin pick. Either way, this old guitar produces some deep, rich tones that you can only coax out of it after playing it for over 40 years. Subtle nuances to die for. Sustain all the way into next month.

My "happiness" meter is pegged hard to the right tonight.

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Right on dread, and yes indeedy Stu...
I haven't found anything with quite the smile factor of a well-setup Guild D25 :wink:

G3PuQN4.jpg

beecee

Reaction score
Talking Old Soldiers? By who?

Elton John did a song by that name on Tumbleweed Connection that was beautiful, both lyrically, (his voice and the story), and in it's simplicity.

Never thought of trying that on guitar.

Funny, I put away all of my "better" guitars, (house goes from a pretty consistent 48-50% humidity in "my" room to 41 when the heat kicks on).

Started getting reacquainted w/my Madeira.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's the one, beecee, by Elton John and Bernie Taupin. In the gear of Am. This one had been in my repertoire for a long time. EJ's old albums were great: 11/7/70, Tumbleweed Connection, Don't Shoot Me I'm Just The Piano Player, Madman Across The Water, and even Yellow Brick Road. I have the music books for all these albums: EJ and BT volumes 1, 2, and 3.

beecee

Reaction score
. I have the music books for all these albums: EJ and BT volumes 1, 2, and 3.

hmmm...ebay here I come.

Have you ever heard the expanded 11-17-70 on youtube? Different mix, much longer. Outstanding!

Thank you sir!

beecee

Reaction score
hehehehehe...Volume 1 on it's way!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
hehehehehe...Volume 1 on it's way!

Good for you beecee! I had I and II for a long time, and found III on ebay a few years ago.

Wow, they're not giving these books away, are they?!

My music book collection may well be worth more $ than my guitar.

Last edited: