2012 Guild F-512 opinions needed

ClydeTower

Reaction score
I missed out unfortunately - was doing something else, anyway I would not have bid without trying it out first. But at least this gives a guide as to how much to expect to pay for a used example. They cost £3,200- about $4,000 usd, new here in the UK.

I sold mine for more than twice that amount just a few months ago. Man, I would have been all over that were it not for the hassle of importing it to North America...
You just don't see them at that price, ever.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
But I still smell a fish. Every item for sale in eBay has twelve-digit number. If you put that number in search field - you should be able to find it. I do this all the time for my friend who searches various things from all over world and then has me buy them for him, while he has no credit card. Works like charm. But not in this case. I have tried it in eBay.de and eBay.com - no luck.

I was able to find the listing by searching on the 12 digit item number. Since I did my search after it had sold, I did have to change my search options to include Completed Listings. I do not doubt that you could not find it but the difference in our experience may be due to some other factor besides fraud.

And yes, I agree there is something fishy about the two other F-512's. Could be one shop, in Japan, operating under two different IDs or a legitimate listing and a fraud. But looking at the feedback for both sellers makes me think the sellers are legit since I am not aware of any easy eBay hacks that generate feedback. There is also the possibility that the pictures are not of the actual instrument (in both listings). We occasionally run across eBay sellers who don't think there is any deceit involved when using pictures of the same model but not the actual instrument.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

I tried that item number with completed listings worldwide - still no results. Hope it ends good for whoever it was.

And about those two selling "the same guitar" - yes - it could well be legit - perhaps the company and one worker trying to get more attention. But then - why different starting price? Perhaps one - or both - simply used some existing pictures. Or one has originals and the other has copies.

Many years ago I was winning bidder for Studer digital broadcasting console - it was over 1000 UK pounds - very soon I received a bunch of emails from all over the world from good folks warning me that it might be a fraud, because it was too good to be true - there was an option to buy second identical console for same price. Those days going price for one console was closer to 10 000 UK pounds. but since I do have some british friends, I made sure, that one of them would help me if needed, I e-mailed the seller, that I have my friend come and pick it up and pay cash. Never heard of that seller anymore - and in few days he was removed from eBay.

Fortunately there have been many successful eBay deals before and after that - a fairly rare ReVox 8-track reel-to-reel tape machine - some very first ReVox T-26 models - and my beloved RED SONGBIRD !!!

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And yes, I agree there is something fishy about the two other F-512's. Could be one shop, in Japan, operating under two different IDs or a legitimate listing and a fraud. But looking at the feedback for both sellers makes me think the sellers are legit since I am not aware of any easy eBay hacks that generate feedback.
It's a long story with some of the Japanese ebay sellers... Maybe best to read here: http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/sellers-on-ebay-who-do-not-own-the-guitars-they-sell.367041/
Ralf

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total