45790885881_ec38a8ca23_z.jpg

Photo Credit: Clay Evans
https://www.instagram.com/sebmevans/

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
it's a very colorful and pretty photo. But..... that's not how we know about neck resets....... is this a joke I missed? I'm sorry if it is....

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No neck reset. Just lower the whole bridge into the top or sand the top so thin, it lowers it.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No neck reset. Just lower the whole bridge into the top or sand the top so thin, it lowers it.
That's what I'm thinking John. I had an uncle who, when he was talking about our 6" dropped living room and we were saying it really should be the same level...... he actually said, "You should probably fill in the living room." I said, of course, as apposed to what? He said (no lie) "Well, vs. lowering the rest of the house...."

We sat there shocked waiting for him to say "KIDDING!!" But no.... he was serious. Poor stupid Bill...

We sold that house, the buyer who was handicapped had the living room filled in. maybe we should've given him the other option??? LMFAO!!!!! HOOOO boy!!!!

So about the bridge.......... :highly_amused:

Antney

Reaction score
Tom, think he means it’s like painting a car with a blown engine...don’t think it has anything to do with the bridge. Then again i was wrong once before

marius

Reaction score
For the sake of clarity, I have no affiliation with the guitar or it’s owner. I came across the photo on the Guild Guitars Instagram feed and was astounded at the effort someone went to to avoid a neck reset. Looks like the bridge was lowered before it was “scalloped”.
Just thought I’d share...more as a “caption this photo” joke.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Caption: "This guitar was once owned by Willie Nelson..." (In my best Mr. Haney voice.)

beecee

Reaction score
I think I may have misunderstood...Thought you were looking for captions for the picture.

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
Thx to everyone who entered the caption contest. Made my day! Wish late night talk shows had you guys on their writing team.