Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NGD: Starfire III-90

Quote Originally Posted by GGJaguar View Post
    Nice! That's the early version with the pickup placed right against the end of the neck.
    if it needs brightening up I have ways to do that.

By the way, I used your site so many times over the years to find out about more obscure guitars. I think you were one of the trailblazers.
    9 (nine) pieces of chicken (small), 1 portion of chips with garlic sauce, £3.50

Congrats!

Oh, that's hot. Very nice.
    If it ain't broke, it can probably still be optimized...

“Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough.”
    ― Richard Feynman

Looks very nice : I hope it works good and has no issues. I had been watching these guitars recently, including the Starfire ST II too : they seem to be the only "Les Paul" shaped slim hollow-bodies on the market, among the fancy brands at least (is that right ?), and about the best idea I can think of for a next electric...
    I knew someone that had one for a while a long time ago (lent by a friend), and I keep its memory in mind, quite vivid still after about 40 years (must have an ST II I believe). Seems the best formai I can think of right now...Enjoy !
    Guild F-30 STD (New Hartford)
    Martin D-28 (Marquis)
    Taylor 614ce (ES1)

beautiful score Parker! congrats and enjoy!!
    Last edited by mavuser; 11-10-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Looks very nice : I hope it works good and has no issues. I had been watching these guitars recently, including the Starfire ST II too : they seem to be the only "Les Paul" shaped slim hollow-bodies on the market, among the fancy brands at least (is that right ?), and about the best idea I can think of for a next electric...
    I knew someone that had one for a while a long time ago (lent by a friend), and I keep its memory in mind, quite vivid still after about 40 years (must have an ST II I believe). Seems the best formai I can think of right now...Enjoy !
    these are much bigger than a les paul! u want the hollow aristocrat M-75, newark steeet has a beautiful one. i owned one breifly (formerly Defaults) it was a gold top.

Quote Originally Posted by mavuser View Post
    these are much bigger than a les paul! u want the hollow aristocrat M-75, newark steeet has a beautiful one. i owned one breifly (formerly Defaults) it was a gold top.
    No the Aristocrat M-75 is not a hollow-body guitar : looks too much like a Les Paul copy. I was thinking of hollow-bodies when mentioning the Les Paul shape : as a matter of fact I just meant with only one cut-away...That this one is much larger than a Les Paul does not worry me : it's even better with a semi-acoustic guitar (one would need sound to play acoustically). There are hundreds of Les Paul-like guitars - even thousands - whereas I can't think of any other slim hollow-bodies with only one cut-away...Guild had that for a long time. I like it.
    Martin D-28 (Marquis)
    Taylor 614ce (ES1)

Mavuser is right, Bernie. The Aristocrat is hollow even if it doesn't look like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    No the Aristocrat M-75 is not a hollow-body guitar : looks too much like a Les Paul copy. I was thinking of hollow-bodies when mentioning the Les Paul shape : as a matter of fact I just meant with only one cut-away...That this one is much larger than a Les Paul does not worry me : it's even better with a semi-acoustic guitar (one would need sound to play acoustically). There are hundreds of Les Paul-like guitars - even thousands - whereas I can't think of any other slim hollow-bodies with only one cut-away...Guild had that for a long time. I like it.
    i think u are confusing the NS aristocrat w the Newark Street Bluesbird. the aristocrat is full hollow. like i said i owned one. it also has a cutaway and P-90s/Franz
    Last edited by mavuser; 11-10-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Still, even if you're right, how do you guys know what I want better than I do...I told you of a 40 years memory of a guitar, didn't I ? And it doesn't look at all like this one, which is what I get googling Guild M-75 Aristocrat.
    If this guitar is "hollow-body" as you say, and doesn't have any sound hole, where do you get its sound from ? I'm talking about guitars that have a bit of sound at least when played unplugged : aren't you talking about guitars that are empty inside in order to be lighter ?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkbOR75JWEM
    Martin D-28 (Marquis)
    Taylor 614ce (ES1)