Has anyone played an F-150R?

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I just found an F-150R for $700. I'm new to Guilds and I'm needing y'alls help on making the right buys. I'm still going to buy a vintage F50R when I find one, just wondering if I should pull the trigger on this one. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

bronzeback

Reaction score
I had one I bought new from Sweetwater a few years ago when they were blowing out old stock for $600 shipped...unreal price! I let it go for no good reason for the same price, just because I like to juggle 3-4 different acoustics in the house. Saw it again in the local GC 6 months later tagged at $800. I knew the serial number so I know it was the same guitar. I thought about buying it back, and explained to the sales guy how I bought it new for $200 less than they were asking. He didn't budge...it sold a week or two later. Anyway, to answer your question...the Chinese Guilds are terrific on a budget...I'd buy another for $6-700 if I was in the market...go for it! It is a 16" lower bout fyi, not 17" like the F50R, and rosewood fretboard and bridge instead of ebony, and likely some kind of plastic nut, saddle and pins instead of bone. Haggle the buyer down a little if you can and it should hold its value in the used market... good luck!

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I just found a 1970 F-50R I'm going to buy. I know a lot more about Martins and just now trying to educate myself on Guilds. Your information is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
i played an F-150R they are real nice. not so easy to find them cheap though...

buy the 1970 F50R and figure it out later!