CE100D out of production

Bernie

Reaction score
Please don't reorganize everything to suit yourself; it would be a disservice to thousands of of people that have no trouble wit the existing system.
(....)
EDIT: The CE-100 is a deep body with a pickup, so seems it should be an X. I don't know where the CE designation came from.

Don't worry, I am not bound to ever own Guild Guitars Company, for sure...I was only kidding on that one...And now that I understand better letters giving names to various models, I'll have far less reasons to ever think about it : I was trying to think of a possible reason to explain the disappearing of the CE 100, in relation with what had been said about it by others here...

Thanks very much for your explanations, A for Archtops (genuine fully archtops then I'd say), M for Mini, T for thin, it is now much easier to understand, and to remember...

Maybe CE means Cutaway-Electric like it does at Taylor guitars (?)...

You may be the man to answer to my main quest about Guild Guitars : do they have any all solid woods hollow body, a bit like a Gibson L-4/L-5 or others ?
Thanks again,

Bernie

DThomasC

Reaction score
There are some flat top acoustics that are all solid wood, but I don't know of any current Guild archtops that are all solid. In fact, I don't recall any Guild archtop that wasn't at least partly laminated, but some exception may exist.

Aleph

Reaction score
The savoy has a solid spruce top but laminated back and sides. I think the remaining hollow bodies are all laminated.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Can't tell you : it would be interesting to know for sure if Walter was talking about the CE-100 or of the CE-100D (or both) in his early post..
CE100D - there hasn't been a single pickup version of that guitar in production for a long while. So the only one they could discontinue in the last couple of years would be the "D". If you don't like Bigsbies, they can be removed.

You might not be able to get a harp tail off the Guild website, but your European Guild dealer can get them.

Bernie

Reaction score
There are some flat top acoustics that are all solid wood, but I don't know of any current Guild archtops that are all solid. In fact, I don't recall any Guild archtop that wasn't at least partly laminated, but some exception may exist.
Thanks Mr. Di Tomasqsi(?), I surely know about the flat top acoustics as I own one (and had another one a long time ago), but didn't find any archtops (all solid woods) so far...The X3000 seems to have a solid top however...There are others (see below).

Thanks Aleph for your post : then the Savoy has a solid top too, interesting point : I don't get along for very long with non solid woods made guitars these days...Maybe archtops could be different ?

Thanks Walter, but have you seen that the CE100D seems to be still available on Guild's website here ? www.guildguitars.com/g/ce-100d-capri

DThomasC

Reaction score
Thanks Walter, but have you seen that the CE100D seems to be still available on Guild's website here ? www.guildguitars.com/g/ce-100d-capri

That's called an orphan page. It still exists on their web server, but the only way you'll find it is with a Google search. There are no links to it from their main page. Go ahead and search all of the places that sell Guild guitars like Sweetwater, Musicians Friend, etc. None of them have CE100D for sale. It's been discontinued. That's not to say there aren't any new ones sitting in store inventory somewhere, but Guild stopped selling them.

Bernie, it's frustrating when someone new shows up with a lot of questions because they believe the people here are experts, but then they don't believe the answers they get from said experts. As far as I know, Walter is a human like the rest of us and just as prone to errors. But I've not known him to make stuff up just to hear his own voice. If he makes a statement it's because he believes it to be true and he's generally correct.

Bernie

Reaction score
Thanks for the 1st part of your answer.

When it comes to the 2nd part, I asked a question that could be relevant considering that Walter had answered quite late and might have missed part of the thread...That's all

I've come across quite a few stubborn people on this forum that do no much pay attention to what's been said, think they know everything (even what I want better than me !) and would not change their mind even if shown wrong...I'm quite new here, but not in music nor in the guitar world. (and not even in Guild guitar owning - 1st buy 78 I think -).
From your behalf I wonder how you could believe I ever considered to 'reorganize everything to suit myself...' like you wrote about the Guild guitar range. I keep in mind the good things you showed (A plain archtop, T=thin, M for Mini and so on).

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've come across quite a few stubborn people on this forum that do no much pay attention to what's been said, think they know everything

You are not alone in your frustration. I can get quite upset or annoyed when someone posts something and they clearly have not read all of the prior posts. But sometimes people post at almost the same time and sometimes people get confused when there are veers. To avoid being one of those people I try to read everything first before posting (and don't always succeed) and will quote or paraphrase in my reply so people have a pretty good idea what I am responding to.

As for "know it alls" there are some people who come across as arrogant know it alls but when that attitude is brought to their attention, most of them don't feel like that and will change their posting style and language choice to downplay that impression. The exceptions are on my personal watch list since many of the personal attacks that have occurred and had to be Moderated occurred when a couple of people who had to be right posted in the same thread but one of them missed something so they were talking about two different instruments and did not realize it.

:)

parker_knoll

Reaction score
Personally I thought people were quite helpful to Bernie but he kept telling them they were wrong. So I think there was a bit of frustration on all sides there.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
CE100D - there hasn't been a single pickup version of that guitar in production for a long while. So the only one they could discontinue in the last couple of years would be the "D". If you don't like Bigsbies, they can be removed.

You might not be able to get a harp tail off the Guild website, but your European Guild dealer can get them.

FWIW, you could also get one of us to procure one and then ship it to you, but I would think that Walter's suggestion is the most cost efficient.

parker_knoll

Reaction score
You are not alone in your frustration. I can get quite upset or annoyed when someone posts something and they clearly have not read all of the prior posts. But sometimes people post at almost the same time and sometimes people get confused when there are veers. To avoid being one of those people I try to read everything first before posting (and don't always succeed) and will quote or paraphrase in my reply so people have a pretty good idea what I am responding to.

As for "know it alls" there are some people who come across as arrogant know it alls but when that attitude is brought to their attention, most of them don't feel like that and will change their posting style and language choice to downplay that impression. The exceptions are on my personal watch list since many of the personal attacks that have occurred and had to be Moderated occurred when a couple of people who had to be right posted in the same thread but one of them missed something so they were talking about two different instruments and did not realize it.

Also Frono, Bernie's quest for a once remembered guitar has taken over two threads I've started about entirely different topics. Perhaps it would be better if he/you started a new thread on that subject.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Also Frono, Bernie's quest for a once remembered guitar has taken over two threads I've started about entirely different topics. Perhaps it would be better if he/you started a new thread on that subject.

As a general rule it is difficult to moderate a veer and it is a pain in the neck to disentangle or clean up a veered thread. Since it is a concern for you, if you will flag a post, report it or PM a moderator ASAP we can certainly try and give it its own thread although success will be a matter of timing.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
OOPs as in you posted without reading the rest of the thread and decided to self edit when you finally did or OOps as in a Moderator listed some pain points and you are guilty of some of them?

AS in I quoted this:
"In fact, I don't recall any Guild archtop that wasn't at least partly laminated, but some exception may exist." To which I replied "Artist Award", then realized I'm not certain that any version of it was all solid.
I know they got solid tops and have seen refs to solid backs but not certain about sides.
So probably should have just said "deleted".
The only time I post without reading a whole thread is by mistake.

BUT I'm getting a sense there are other issues I'm simply not interested in worrying about anymore.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Peace, guys...just wanted to mention that on this forum we have members from many different countries and cultures...many not native English speakers...and despite how well they appear to write and understand English, much can be lost in the finer points of the language leading to misunderstandings on both sides...particularly as Frono has pointed out in the past, the lack of face to face communication...the written word's intent can easily be misconstrued on the web...just suggesting that, right or wrong, it's easier to cut everyone some slack...and you can all always take your discussions private to iron out any misunderstandings between you.

If I'm out of line, I apologize...but I like this forum and don't want to see it self destruct.

I can follow the veers just fine tho I do understand it can be annoying to you guys.:watermelon::encouragement::02.47-tranquillity::biggrin:

DThomasC

Reaction score
Is this the make up and hug part of the thread?

EDIT: I realized I didn't leave any smilies, and we know where that has gotten me. The honest truth is that I meant the above with a warm smile.

Last edited:

parker_knoll

Reaction score
FWIW, you could also get one of us to procure one and then ship it to you, but I would think that Walter's suggestion is the most cost efficient.

Can I take you up on that? I think we discussed before re. a pickup but I got a used one in the end. It's incredibly frustrating that they won't deliver.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Can I take you up on that? I think we discussed before re. a pickup but I got a used one in the end. It's incredibly frustrating that they won't deliver.
I shipped a EH 185 to Michiel Helsloot in Holland, so it's no issue for me, but postage might be a bit much. Shoot me a pm with your address if you want me to.