Ngd d4-nt

Reaction score
Here is my new (to me) 1996 D4-NT that I picked up at my local GC. It took me by surprise as to how nice it plays and sounds. Compared to several "M" and "T" guitars costing double to triple what I paid, it stood out with a balanced and strong sound. I love it!

TC

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Aha!
The reason for the great price is revealed!
Your Truss Rod Cover is upside down.
We normally calculate $120.00 deduct for that.
Requires Removal & Replacement of the whole damn axe to fix.

Reaction score
Ado,

Based on your keen observation, I considered returning the guitar since it was a faulty manufacture. But after careful consideration, I removed the cover and put it back on correctly.

Thanks

TC

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ado,

Based on your keen observation, I considered returning the guitar since it was a faulty manufacture. But after careful consideration, I removed the cover and put it back on correctly.

Thanks

TC

'S what we're here for!
Y'see, yer not the first poor fool some scumbag's tried to foist a faulty TRC off on.
:friendly_wink:

geoguy

Reaction score
Congrats, slobiker, I recall playing a D-4 that was an exceptional instrument.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow that looks super clean for a 20 + year old guitar. Nice score! How does it sound?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
And gentleman be aware that was with a case!
From a previous thread:
A decision at last!
In my search, I hit my local GC and tried about eight different guitars, including two more Guilds. They had a D4-NT from 1996 that looked brand new. Comparing it to guitars that were twice the price, it easily matched or exceeded both sound and playability. Of course, I wanted to try a few more before pulling the trigger.
Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to put it on layaway, just to be sure not to lose it. After two more shops and another hour at GC today playing a few more, I took out my cash and brought it home.
There will be a new NGD thread coming soon with pictures, just to share in my super find. Oh, by the way, it cost me $400, including the OHSC and all the tags and stuff too! My lucky day.
Thanks for the posts.
TC

We will now pause for weeping and gnashing of teeth.

tarheelguild

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase! I have a '96 D4 as well and I love it. It has a wonderful, bright top end and is easy to play. A very over-looked gem of a guitar! I got mine on Ebay (with OHSC) about 6 or 7 years ago for about $450 (if my memory serves me well).
Tony

'84 D40
'87 D50
'96 D4
'98 D30
'98 D 25 12
'00 Taylor 414ce

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here is my new (to me) 1996 D4-NT that I picked up at my local GC. It took me by surprise as to how nice it plays and sounds. Compared to several "M" and "T" guitars costing double to triple what I paid, it stood out with a balanced and strong sound. I love it!

Bought one for the wife one Christmas and almost kept it for myself it sounded so good.

If you want some fun, next time you are jamming with a group of other acoustic guitar players, hand it to the guy playing the $2,000 Brand M. After he hands it back and comments appreciatively about how great it sounds, mention how much you actually "have in it.".

Then watch the rapid unscheduled disassembly of the guy's head.

Heh-heh.

Reaction score
It has been fun to play. Since I am just back from a long guitar hiatus, I am just starting to feel like I can figure a few things out on it. Mostly electric for the last year, and now want to add more acoustic playing. This D4 is definitely scratching the itch.

Thanks for the fun comments.

TC