Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
JOsG6wC.jpg

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Daylight saving time, also daylight savings time, also summer time, is the practice of advancing clocks during summer months so that evening daylight lasts longer, while sacrificing normal sunrise times". Wikipedia

OK, so you're technically kinda sorta right, I guess. (Mumble, grumble). :dejection:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Spent the day raking, etc.. and was not happy it got dark do early. DST sucks.

walrus

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I'm on Big Island, as usual at this time of the year, so I never experience the shift back from Daylight Saving. Also, sunset here now and sunset when I get back home will be almost at the same relative time. :)

-Dave-

dbirchett

Reaction score
In the summertime, the one thing Arizona does not need is more daylight. So we decline to participate in this folly. Except for the Navajo Nation up North,

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Funny

Why do people always talk about MORE daylight ?

The amount of light remains the same - no matter if we twist the arms of clocks into knots.

Here in north the relative time difference between eastern and western part of the country is almostt one hour. Variation between summer & winter is up to ten hours.

In the south - if one wishes to have sunrise and sunset at certain time, then just move to corresponding location. With any luck there might even be housing and work available . . .

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well depending upon which source you want to follow and what you want to infer, the concept and implementation of Time Zones was to make it so that "noon" was the "middle of the daylight" regardless of where you were on the globe. At some point, at least in the USA, the railroads got involved and farmers wanted the activities that they had to do in daylight to occur when "clock bound" people were awake.

If you say you want to maximize the amount of "daylight" between 6 AM and 6 PM local time, DST is one way to accomplish that. You are not creating or saving daylight but you are manipulating when the clock says it is available.

In 2018 it can be argued that maximizing the amount of daylight in an interval is no longer necessary and may be A Bad Thing because of the way the shift effects a human's biological clock.

F312

Reaction score
My pickup truck and the stove has the right time now.

Ralph

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I refuse to recognize this holiday.

:) Tucson...