Oasis Magic Crystals

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've been working my way though my guitar cases, replacing the Oasis Humigel magic crystals in the Oasis humidifiers.

I may have waited a little longer than I should have for some of them: What came out reminded me of what I'd excavate out of my nose after a long, dusty off-road bike ride.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
This sounds about right. Make sure you rinse out the container thoroughly. Otherwise the used up crystals will interfere with the action of the new ones. Don't overload the container with the new crystals. The instructions say drop around 5 crystals, I believe, into the container. Do be careful that the container hasn't developed a weakness in the wall or around the cap, which could lead to seepage of the water inside.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
This sounds about right. Make sure you rinse out the container thoroughly. Otherwise the used up crystals will interfere with the action of the new ones. Don't overload the container with the new crystals. The instructions say drop around 5 crystals, I believe, into the container. Do be careful that the container hasn't developed a weakness in the wall or around the cap, which could lead to seepage of the water inside.

Man, when I first saw the title of this thread it brought back fond memories of my college days. (sigh)

merlin6666

Reaction score
The instructions say drop around 5 crystals, I believe, into the container.

The crystals are tiny, but there's a little scoop that comes with the refill. They say they put .6cc into their humidifiers, and the scoop is supposed to be .15cc. So I think about 4 scoops should do it. Some sources say they fill .3cc and use two scoops, and I think the rate of evaporation is inverse to the amount of crystal. So probably start with two or three scoops, and if you have to add more than a syringe of fresh water after a week then add a scoop to reduce evaporation.

I have also saved the old crystals and they dry into a greenish lump. I find that it can be easily re-hydrated and looks as new. Also tried grinding it up with a mortar and pestle which did not go well. Though the crystals are so cheap I usually just use fresh ones for the five oasis humidifiers I have right now. My room humidity is around 42% these days, so they will be installed again soon.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Man, when I first saw the title of this thread it brought back fond memories of my college days. (sigh)
Can't blame ya.
Lookit the measuring spoon:

product-image-701055114_480x480.jpg

The crystals are tiny, but there's a little scoop that comes with the refill. They say they put .6cc into their humidifiers, and the scoop is supposed to be .15cc.

Looks about right.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Me too, Richard!! Those were fun times and I swear I had so much energy!!! I even ironed my sheets one night!!! Getting to sleep was a problem though.......