NGD - Tacoma DV4 - coming soon

Okieguildfan

Reaction score
I decided to pull the trigger on a little early Christmas present for myself. Guitar Center had a DV4 for $399 with a Guild case. I know it's not a cheap price, but it was made in Tacoma, and I've had good luck with Tacoma Guilds. Their website had the wrong guitar pictured for the ad. (They have a D-25 pictured). The guy in GC was kind enough to shoot several photos and the thing looks flawless.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
sweet! sounds like a good price too for a DV4. D4 would have been different, but the V matters :)

Okieguildfan

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm looking forward to having another Guild D in the house. I relocated across the country and had to sell off all but one of my guitars. So, at the moment I only have an Oxnard M-20.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice score! I love Tacoma-built Guilds and I love the DV's, but I didn't know they built DV's there.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice score! I love Tacoma-built Guilds and I love the DV's, but I didn't know they built DV's there.

Tacoma made the DV-4 (mahogany) and DV-6 (rosewood). Both were plain and simple dreadnoughts. My DV-6 (which was under $800 new) is impeccably built and has been known to cause Martin players consternation when they figure out they paid 3 times as much for a guitar that doesn't sound as good.

$399 is a great price for that guitar - they don't come up often, and the ones I've seen on Craigs go for $500 and up.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Seems like a steal to me at $399 for a US made Guild dread with solid sitka and hog, EIR fretboard and bridge, grovers, yadda, yadda? Less than one MIC. Sounds like your sleuthing paid off!

Last edited:

Okieguildfan

Reaction score
That’s true about the price. I jumped on it quick at that amount. I only mentioned the price b/c I’ve hear a few folks on the forum snag them up for cheap in the past. The value for me is much greater than the price. I played one locally this past week and was really impressed.