Being

bobouz

Reaction score
Having grown up in Pasadena (but long since gone), I bled Dodger blue as a kid.

My one claim to fame was getting to see Sandy Koufax pitch in relief, which is something that happened only a few times in his career. When he was announced in the eighth inning, I just about fell out the upper deck in disbelief! He pitched the final two innings against the Cubs, recording six straight outs.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That was a fun ride! I feel good for David Price - redemption!

Unfortunately, I'm predicting a low turnout in my classes this Wednesday...

walrus

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
From middle TN and former high school baseball coach so I was pulling hard for Price and Betts (another middle TN player)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm not a sports fan at all, but my daughter is going to college in the heart of Boston and is right in the middle of all the celebrating. She's excited for the duck boat parade.

Antney

Reaction score
Actually FNG, the historic 04 collapse of those who shan’t be named leveled the playing field. Not sure if you caught it but as the Sox we’re celebrating on the LAD field a spontaneous “Yankees stink” chant could be heard loud and clear on the broadcast. Buck and Smoltz tried to ignore it but had to mention it. 😬

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I made it to the 7th inning, when they pulled Kershaw. Bedtime.

Like I said, great team who just chewed up everyone this year, including two 100 win teams in the postseason.

See ya next season!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I'm for sure enjoying how central former members of my Tigers have been to the last two World Series victors. David Price was superb this year in game 5, and JD Martinez had a(nother) great season with the bat. It was nicer when they were still playing here, though…

(Price had a fairly short stint in Detroit, parts of two seasons, but he was solid…and I got to see him pitch in person a few times too.)

-Dave-

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Bridesmaid again! The Red Sox were a superior team, no doubt. The Dodgers playing so poorly against them was tough to take. Congratulations to the Sox on a convincing victory.
The Dodgers only won one game, but it was one of the greatest games of all time.
I’m hoping for a rematch next year.