A visit to CME for the first time

Antney

Reaction score
In Chicago for a the first time...beautiful city. Saw two guys in a crosswalk converge and roughly bump into each other, one banging into the rear of a stopped car. They both apologized...wtf, this is bizzaro world. Went to CME, to profess my faith at this holy Mecca of guitar religion we belong to. It was convincing. Played many Gibson’s, Martins, Collins, and Guilds. All vintage (69 m20, 75 jumbo, new and used d55). Surprised how many had VERY old strings. Most were just ok, several were duds. Probably all needed new strings and a setup to come alive. Impressive store, and I walked out feeling pretty pretty good about my guild.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chicago is one of my favorite big cities. LOTS to do there, and the night life goes well into the morning. Last time I was there we closed down the bars and then we went to a Mexican restaurant and had burritos for breakfast, and the place was packed!

I'll have to go to CME next time I visit! I went there once years ago but haven't been back since.

F312

Reaction score
I'm a Chicagoan that left in 85, but I remember in the 50s and 60s after 4 am some bars would turn down the lights and you stayed 'till afternoon if you want to. Cicero was 24/7, don't know about now.

I'll have to make it to CME next trip.

Ralph

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Never been there but have bought several pieces from them and they are wonderful to deal with. They also bought several pieces from me and I've never had an issue with them. Stand up folks IMHO.