Ngd 2012 nh f-30r

beecee

Reaction score
Neal had mentioned a little discomfort in playing the neck on his new to him F-30R and had offered it up to sale to another poster looking for an F-30ce.

I pm'd and said if the op had no interest I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for either an outright sale or trade.

In spite of my paypal ignorance it was a very pleasant experience dealing with Neal and the guitar is just terrific. Packed/shipped well, arrived in two days and was as good as described.

Thank you vey much Neal!!

Not sure I can improve on his past pictures so I'll just throw this link to his original post when he got it.

http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?197431-Ngd-2012-f-30r&highlight=guild+f30r

I've dealt with a few people here on these forums and you are all top notch!!

Now I can't wait until Saturday to spent some time with my new baby!!

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
In spite of my paypal ignorance it was a very pleasant experience dealing with Neal and the guitar is just terrific.

Congrats, beecee! You got a good one!

sou7i1bnm3lj0asdcanv.jpg

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ooooo I still looking for mine ! Lol

Congrats ! ;)

tommym

Reaction score
It's probably the nicest NH F30R Standard that I have ever seen! Enjoy!

Tommy

beecee

Reaction score
It's probably the nicest NH F30R Standard that I have ever seen! Enjoy!

Tommy

Yeah, Neal was spot on with this one.

I did however notice an out of place spec of dust between the bridge and sound hole.

Not enough of an issue to return it and he was apologetic enough where I let it slide.

I love the fact that it has the gloss neck vs satin. it will look great sitting next to the king of my jungle the D-40 Std

rwmct

Reaction score
Neal was the original owner of my F-30 std (which I bought from Killdeer).

Neal: I am curious. How many F-30s have you had? What is it you are looking for with them that you have not found?

tommym

Reaction score
.....I love the fact that it has the gloss neck vs satin....

My F30 Standard and F30R Standard are the guitars that converted me over to preferring a satin neck finish. My hand glides over the neck much easier with the satin finish. NH did a really nice job of still maintaining a gloss faceplate on the headstock on these guitars. A really nice touch as I get the best of both worlds.

FYI, there were three different finish combinations that I know of during the "Standard" run:

Gloss Body, Gloss Neck
Gloss Body, Satin Neck with Gloss Faceplate (both of my guitars fall in this category)
Satin Body, Satin Neck (not sure about the Faceplate finish)

Tommy

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I never played a guitar with a satin neck until I just got my 2011 F-30RCE. I've been playing it quite a bit, and I am liking it - it doesn't get sticky if I play for a while like my gloss neck does. To be honest, a gloss neck is fine with me, I really never thought about it until I got this guitar, but the satin works for me, too.

I am happy, however, that the front of the headstock is gloss, to match the gloss body.

BTW, supposedly a satin neck will "gloss up" after lots of play. We'll see...

walrus

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You guys are getting me jonesing again stop it ! There was a most beautiful F30R on Reverb that called to me and back and forth gawking at for to long , you folks seen it I’m sure but the price was 1700 . I have no idea what it sold for but apparently it sold just before I decided to contact the seller . I’m still bummed out and that’s why I bought the Blueridge 283A which I don’t regret .

Last edited:

Neal

Reaction score
Neal was the original owner of my F-30 std (which I bought from Killdeer).

Neal: I am curious. How many F-30s have you had? What is it you are looking for with them that you have not found?

i have owned a Tacoma-made Aragon, and the two Standards from New Hartford. The neck on all three was too slim for my hand.

I have gravitated to big-necked guitars over the years. They keep me from mashing the strings.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations beecee! That is one very fine F30R. It took every ounce of my willpower to not to buy that one. It was painful as hell but I was laser focused on a NH F30 Std hog, which has just made its way to me as of today. Very glad the F30R stays in the family. It is much too nice to let it back out into the wild.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
FYI, there were three different finish combinations that I know of during the "Standard" run:

Gloss Body, Gloss Neck
Gloss Body, Satin Neck with Gloss Faceplate (both of my guitars fall in this category)
Satin Body, Satin Neck (not sure about the Faceplate finish)
Tommy

Gloss tops on all Standards, in fact, don't think New Hartford ever put out a satin top.